Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2000, 12:51 AM   #1
GideonRaine

K, here's the situation, im in the sewers doing the quest for the temple of help about the cult of the eyeless, and im in the secret passage thingy, and ive cleared the first 2 rooms, the 2nd was touhg as hell and it seems theres no way i can clear the 3rd room at all!!! There's 2 Umberhulks in there, and like half a dozen Mind flayers/Illithids and the head guy thats there. any tips/advice??

My Party:
2 Kensai/Mages (levelling as mages) levels 12/7
1 Fighter/Mage (levelling as a mage) levels 12/7
1 human figher/cleric (levelling as a cleric levels 13/7
1 1/2Orc fighter/cleric levels 12/9
1 fighter/thief (levelling as a thief) levels 13/7

Old 11-22-2000, 01:44 AM   #2
carey

This was a bit tough for me as well. Have your cleric cast chaotic commands (immune to mind flayer spells and chaotic glance) on your two strongest fighters,and then have your mage hast them.

Approach the third door, open it and hit space to pause. Back your character away from the door, and usually only one or two will follow (easy). Once they are dispatched, quicksave. Repeat this process by inching forward slowly and letting them come after you one or two at a time.

I hope this helps.

Old 11-22-2000, 02:15 AM   #3
GideonRaine

great ill try that, thanks

Old 11-22-2000, 08:18 AM   #4
Harry
The Magister

Location: The Land of naked fraulicing nymphs where your every desire comes true

You can also whack a couple of fireballs in there without taking any damage.
Old 11-22-2000, 02:03 PM   #5
GideonRaine

Nope I tried taht first cuz im normally fireball crazy anyways, i got 3 mages in the party and have like 9 fireballs total

but i tried to fireball the room, most i did was kill the umberhulks, the mind flayers/illithids have magic resistance, thanks for the help tho

BTW I have it emptied now, chaotic commands on 4 of my guys and i think its simalcrum that turns the wizard into the kickass fighter did the trick, i just slaughtered em all without taking any damage!!

damn im good, heh heh

Old 11-22-2000, 02:07 PM   #6
Rikard

BTW i don't think a fighter cleric is a good dual class
If you havce a ranger cleric you'll have all the druid spells without the incredible high exp point a druid need in the higfher levels

Old 11-22-2000, 02:29 PM   #7
GideonRaine

nope, they kick ass, at least for me they do

theyll get all(or most anyways) of the spells per level, BTW my half orc isnt dual classed, he's multi-classed cuz he's demi-human, therefore his has a 3 thac0 at this point in the game using the flail of the ages