Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-30-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
hayaku
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have heard about the teleporter in the Lower Marten' bluff, although it seems its in a restricted area. Is there any way I can legitimately get to it without killing all the T'rang? I have currently done quite a few missions for Umpani, but not much for T'rang. I assume as missions progress, like the Umpani, certain areas become de-restricted, minus the whole key-card thing. So... at what stage do I get access to the teleporter?

I currently have the Chaos morali, as requested by Z'ant. If giving him this will get me access to the teleporters, and the rest of lower martens bluff, I will be quite happy.

thanks.....
hayaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:53 AM   #2
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

You gain official access to this area from the mine tunnels. After that, you can enter it from upper martens bluff.
There are other 'illegitime' methods ... (spoiler)
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
a
h
e
a
d
You can enter combat mode in the guarded room, choose 'run', and run past the guards. They don't mind if you're on the other sind, they just guard the passage.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:30 PM   #3
SpitBall
The Magister

Why do you consider tricking the guards to be any less legimate a means to gain access to the teleporter than finding a back-door?
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
LewyRay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Personally I think doing the 'combat run' trick is a little 'illegimate' because it is taking advantave of a the game software mechanics to do something that you are not soppose to be able to do. Similar to 'reloading' to get better drops and treasures.

That said I have performed the 'combat run' a few times now to get from the trangeporter (where I have a portal set) to the vendor. I know there is another way...but I was getting bored with the long way around...and I hated getting into battles with a couple of dozen t'rang around.

T'rang watch flees for his life (Wait 30seconds)
etc
etc
LewyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Of course, once you reach the teleporter, you should drop a portal there for future use. Great savings in time and trouble.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:04 AM   #6
hayaku
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Why do you consider tricking the guards to be any less legimate a means to gain access to the teleporter than finding a back-door?
I dont want to turn them hostile... I still plan on doing future t'rang missions.
By 'Legitemate' I meant ways that neither involve cheating, or killing everybody.

Personally I feel that the lack of "quick travel" in w8 works against it... not so much for the effort, or difficulty, but as mentioned above, long tedious battles with little experiance reward that often eventuate with half the enemies fleeing gets very annoying, especially if you have to go through that process 5 times or so just to get from the swamp to mt gigas.
hayaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:50 AM   #7
bladedog
Dungeon Master

But who is to say it wasn't programmed that way!!

Think about it, once you combat walk past you get stuck in the "t'rang baby chamber" or whatever you might like to call it. There appears to be no way out......until bang here comes a baby t'rang and you can follow it out the door.

Its debatable, but maybe thats how it was designed.
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:46 AM   #8
SpitBall
The Magister

I'm with BladeDog on this one. The game has been programmed to allow you to "combat/walk" and no where does any manual say that you are required to fight your way through the game. I used the same "trick" to avoid being slaughtered by Hogars. Isn't there a "tricky" way to get a certain item from the Mook, too? So, tricks are part of the game, as far as I can tell. Whether or not a particular player chooses one means over another is just that: a choice. Labeling one as "legitimate" and another as "illegimate" is subjective and misleading.

I, personally, do not choose to employ the type of "training" that involves repeating a useless task for long periods of time (like inspecting the Bank Vault in Arnika, for example) simply to gain experience in that skill - but I won't say that players using this "bug" are not playing a legitimate game.
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote