Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
FIST
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was trying to get to the part in Rapax rift with the highpriest and the lava trap. I disarmed the panel (tripped it and it melted my gold) and walked in but the gates still closed and the lava started to flow. Well I freaked and went to reload my game except I accidently saved it there and the auto save kicked in. So since my saved games were in the lava dying I had one final choice, to teleport out. Problem is the gates are closed and the lava is there and I cant get in. I know I need the stuff in there for a quest, so how do I get in,if at all?
FIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:53 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

you gotta throw the switch inside the panel once it's open before you go in there

once it's tripped, there's no way through, gotta start all over if you're in ironmode

the writers didn't think anyone would be smart enough to portal outta there, i guess
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
FIST
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I am not on iron man, so do I need to go in there? Cause I dont want to start over.
FIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

i meant, if you don't have an earlier save. You do need to go in there if you want to do the Templar bit and not have your sacrifice run around hexed all the time. But you can ascend without doing the Templar bit at all...just have to take the Items up to AP one at a time so you don't need the mirror-portal to get to AP. Or take all three the first time you go (and finish the game without leaving AP), or set a Portal on AP before you take any of them.

[ 03-20-2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:00 AM   #5
bladedog
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Scatter:
i meant, if you don't have an earlier save. You do need to go in there if you want to do the Templar bit and not have your sacrifice run around hexed all the time. But you can ascend without doing the Templar bit at all...just have to take the Items up to AP one at a time so you don't need the mirror-portal to get to AP. Or take all three the first time you go (and finish the game without leaving AP), or set a Portal on AP before you take any of them.
Wow, do both of those options work? I thought the Rapax closed the normal route to AP as soon as you had gained two of the three. I can't say I have ever gone any closer than Bella to AP before I had all three in my hands, but that would be a cool way to avoid becoming a Templar.
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Just store the items in a chest (in Arnika) when you get them. The landslide is triggered when you have two of them with you, no when you found them.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote