Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Violet
Manshoon

Smiley

What a whirlwind month it has been---so busy trying to get everything taken care of before we fly home at the end of the month and then being a victim of "random" vandalism in the midst---earlier this month while shopping at the mall a gang fight broke out in the parking lot. I was inside the mall but three of my cars tires suffered knife wounds. I still wonder why they left air in the fourth lol. Anyway I could have been killed---someone was---and the guy who stabbed him ran into the mall forcing a lockdown---no one in, no one out--for HOURS!
AAA covered my tow and the guy I bought new tires from gave me a 2 for 1 deal for the trouble I had to go through to end up at his shop (the slashed tires were brand new but not covered by warranty--only road hazard-and filing a claim on my ins would drive up already way too expensive rates). So I got off really well in a rather awful and potentially deadly situation. Still, that three hundred dollars would have looked better in shoes LOL.

Anyway, with Dungeon Lords unavailable (new shipment at local retailers pending next month) I am going to bid you all well and just purchase it in Ohio (if I can find it!) and pack it into my suitcase at the end of summer---bring it out here where I usually have time to sit and play.

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
See you all in the fall!

[ 04-16-2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Violet ]
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
Arvon
Unicorn

Hmmm If you have AAA ins. they shouldn't have nicked you for higher rates for comprehensive claims. At least look into it.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

So it's been a busy month, eh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wonder how the tyres could suffer from knife wounds. Those gang punks must have aimed low.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
Violet
Manshoon

Arvon,
I just took Steve's word for it---he could have said so just to keep from having to deal with me LOL. I was pretty upset at all the trouble I had to go through just to get out of the mall and get home. I'll ask him to explain in detail if he feels like talking to me about it later.

Sttratos,
"Busy" is an outright understatement LOL.

There was major gang-related vandalism going on in the parking lot while I was shopping---before someone outside started a fight with them.
My tires weren't the only ones slashed, the whole vandal-fest just ended with someone getting stabbed and killed. What ticks me off is the absolute stupidity of the law enforcement officers who showed up---taking the first person's word that the guy who stabbed the dead guy ran into the mall. After holding everyone there for hours they let us all leave and never caught the guy til the next day when someone phoned in a tip to 88-CRIME.

I am glad to be going back to muddy, muggy, mosquito infested Ohio.

[ 04-16-2005, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Violet ]
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 04-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #5
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i'm sure ohio isn't all that bad, we're not that far away from it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

have fun!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:56 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

WOW Violet!

Why did they pick on your car or were several cars hit? who died a gang member or a passer by?

Hope your safe

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:59 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hiya Princess - sounds like you got some tough breaks there. I never realised the latest DWB game had already been released - I will have to start finding out how far behind we will be in getting it over here in OZ.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #8
Violet
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
WOW Violet!

Why did they pick on your car or were several cars hit? who died a gang member or a passer by?

Hope your safe
Several cars. Punks. It was a rival gang member who got killed. He happened upon the vandal-fest and mouthed off to the vandals. I am plenty safe, thanks!

Davros,
Princess? LOL I didn't think you thought that much of me.
I was under the impression that Dungeon Lords had been released and I had missed out of the first round of available games. After checking with other stores here I discovered the young salesman I talked with in the mall was either mistaken or was trying very hard to get me back as a sure deal when they actually get it in. It looks like I'll be home by the time it is released (or available here anyway) with no time left to play until we come back to AZ in the fall. Well, at least by then you all will have figured out all the hard spots for me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Arvon,
According to Steve, we have AAA coverage for roadside emergencies only. Another company covers our vehicles under a contract that includes his landscaping business and he just filed for coverage to repair several windows and a couple of windshields that had been etched (more vandalism) on a job (more gang activity in a neighborhood near the mall). Apparently the car I drive in AZ is part of his company (I guess because he drives his truck in to make money and I drive my car out to spend it :evillaugh: )
I don't know---I just go by what he says---he pays for it all out here, I pay for it all back East. [img]smile.gif[/img]

RevRuby, [img]smile.gif[/img]
I love Ohio.

Counting down the days at this point. I probably won't be available to sit down at the internet after tonight so you all have a safe and enjoyable summer!

[ 04-19-2005, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Violet ]
Old 04-21-2005, 09:22 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet:
Davros,
Princess?

Oh bother and befustication - I have my flowers mixed up don't I? Twas Princess Buttercup in "The Princess Bride" and not the Princess Violet - my misatke. Pardon me good lady - I must have been addled with Boogre Brew or some libation of similar timbre. Nevertheless, chivalry doth settle oddly pon my shoulders fair maiden, for verily I would declare thou art, at the the last, the truest Princess in these here parts [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 04-21-2005, 10:40 AM   #10
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet:

RevRuby, [img]smile.gif[/img]
I love Ohio.

!
Much as I travel this land, I’m never alone
Ohio you will always be home
Never far from my thoughts, although I may roam
I’ll always return to Ohio!

(I'm not the main man I'm the main man's mother's eldest son!)

[ 04-21-2005, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote