Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ironworks Forum New Area is NOW OPEN!

I have opened the new area up, and you can find it in the Skullport Southquarter! (Use the boat)
There is a lot to do there, and I'll be adding the quests tomorrow. (Just wanted to get it open for testing and letting ya have some fun!)

Let me know what ya think! I didn't update any Skullport stores yet, but that will also be finished tomorrow.

Go check it out!!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default Re: New Area is NOW OPEN!

I did get a chance to take a look at the new area but there is a lot of it and I don't know if I got to see it all.

Now I'm really looking forward to seeing the new quests and stores there.

One thing that did strike me was that some of the Xanthers were hostile while others ignored me. Slingers and some of the thugs attacked on sight while guards looked on without joining in. Made for a nervy exploration not knowing who would attack me - maybe that's the intention.

My character was Human Lawful Neutral at the time.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Lucky you, had the same neutral/hostile thing but once the hostiles attacked me the whole lot piled in - and those boat guards were tough, I was using a level 29 evil chaotic character.

Sadly was having a quick play before heading in to work so only had about 5 minutes in there, but too big to get around in that time.

I will get in there again and see how it goes.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, I'll just make them all hostile, I mean, it's their camp you're in, closed off an all.
Also, I'll lower the power of the boat guards, they are not meant to be l29 hard.. heh

Old 01-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

New area is great. Now if I can just figure out how to get to the other Xanther camp listed on the the map, I'll be a happy camper ( that and the IGM resistant thieves.... shudder..)
Old 01-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Well if I can build up my new character I shall send her in to slap everyone down and show them how they ought to behave. She way well make them sit in the corner until they promise to be good. And refuse to let them have any chocolate after dinner, to boot.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Wow Re: New Area is NOW OPEN!

It was an interesting walk through with my level 9 character. A few people had done the interesting work already, so I was able to "safely" go through the first section before... everyone collapsed in on me and destroyed my character. (Same one caught in the server break a few days ago which made me lose all my bastard swords! *weeps for the loss*) Still, it was quite an interesting rush to go through that region. Definitely going to be taking my halfling characters through that region to do a little loot grabbing... I definitely want copies of that brand new sling!
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toot033 View Post
New area is great. Now if I can just figure out how to get to the other Xanther camp listed on the the map, I'll be a happy camper ( that and the IGM resistant thieves.... shudder..)
Nope, I couldn't find a way into it either and I opened every door and went down every corridor in Southquarter. I can see that there is a portal into it, I just can't see where the start portal is. I am now assuming that this section is not quite ready to be opened up to us.

On a different note, the server is set to one party only so we join automatically, very friendly but quite disturbing first time I logged on today.

Only other point is that in one of the camps there was an unfriendly sat on a chair who, even as I beat him to death with my mace, continued to sit there right up until the moment when he fell off it, dead. Almost felt guilty about him...but only almost.

Some nice new goodies in there already though, can't wait to see the shops. Good work, impressed with the room full of angry snakes, that was a nice touch.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Remember that boat in the southwest bottom corner of Southquarter? That boat has a portal to get into the back way. Once you get in that way, you'll find a key to enter the front door on your next visit

The sitting group sometimes gets up when its time to fight, sometimes not. Its just the way NWN behaves. hehe
Just think of them as "oh, they think they are too good to get up and fight me??? Well taste the pain!"

lol, I am opening some other large areas soon too! (Working on the small update to Skullport stores too)
As well as some new dialogue for the Yawning Portal NPCs

BTW, would it be cool to add another low level area for new characters? low level dungeon or such, and get to it from the basement of the Yawning Portal or something?

Old 01-12-2008, 04:03 AM   #10
javan
Zhentarim Guard

I first tried to go through the Skullport South Quarter with Hammerfist, my level 22 monk/Dwarven Defender/Fighter. He handled the old Xanther Rogue/Thug/Fighters and picked up the caravan stash without too much trouble. Then he went into the new area...

He had a hard time hitting anyone with his fists. His AB is in the mid 30's. He switched to +8/+9 kamas with the gauntlets of the balanced hands (Ambidexterity & Two Weapon Fighting). With 5 attacks/round (monk special base) + 1 (TWF) + 1 (haste) + 1 (Flurry of Blows) = 8 attacks/round. He could harm the Xanther Thief Guards but not the Xanther Thug Guards (the ones with Epic Dodge).

He had to reach into his bag of dirty tricks. The Grand Missle Wand was useless, as mentioned above. Wands of Chain Lightning, Crystals of Freezing Cold, and finally pots of flaming oil brought down all but the last guard. With Dust of Dissappearance aiding me, I spent over 20 minutes attempting to hurt the last guard. I gave up and used my monk speed to hightail it out of there.

I will try again on the weekend with a different character.

Ziroc; Yes I would like to see a low level area for new characters. I would like to get another role-playing session going.

Edit: spelling

Last edited by javan; 01-12-2008 at 04:06 AM.
javan is offline   Reply With Quote