Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-28-2002, 07:50 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I´ve a Dwarf with 20 Con. It´s really fun to see that he gets +6 HPs every level(+5 Con modifier, +1 extra because of the Toughness feat(the little bugger got something like 46 HPs at third level!!!)). But the real reason why I made this guy is to find out if regeneration is possible, while having a good Con. I haven`t seen anything yet but if i would have a level 8 Dwarf who has put an extra point to Con at both times(22 Con!), would he be able to regenerate? And if i´d find items that would raise Con, would they help in regenerating?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 07:57 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Nope sorry uss.... con doesnt affect Regeneration AFAIK... only HP and fortitude save (I think) Plus a few other factors...

To get regenration you need items with a regeneration value... so say an item says +1 to regeneration it means while wearing/using it you will regerate 1 hit point at the start of each round.. and if it is +2 you will rengenerate 2 HP at the start of each round etc. And btw Regeneration is cumulative [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 08:03 AM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Nope sorry uss.... con doesnt affect Regeneration AFAIK... only HP and fortitude save (I think) Plus a few other factors...

To get regenration you need items with a regeneration value... so say an item says +1 to regeneration it means while wearing/using it you will regerate 1 hit point at the start of each round.. and if it is +2 you will rengenerate 2 HP at the start of each round etc. And btw Regeneration is cumulative [img]smile.gif[/img]
Man, that sucks. I remember in Planescape Torment building up my CON until it was 21. Then regeneration kicked in. I was hoping it was the same here. I have mine up to 18 so far. Ah well. I do have a ring of power and an amulet of greater health. +2 regeneration accumulative. I haven't found anything +2 by itself though. That amulet of health is totally awesome. I can wade through spiders, undead and not have to many problems. Still gotta work on resisting knockdowns though. LOL. I found the Blood Armor too. I haven't tried the vampiric abilities, but it looks better than the Studded Leather +2 (didn't lose my Ranger skills either which was cool)
Old 07-28-2002, 08:04 AM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:

Hmm, ok. Well, at least he gets ALOT of HPs.
Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Oh wait, one more question: If i`d get items which give an extra modifier point to Con, would my HPs be +1 extra per level?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 08:15 AM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Nope... read aelia's Skill points thread a little while back.. probably only a page back actually [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 08:28 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Actually items that add to your con give you more hitpoints. My level 20 character gets +40 hitpoints the instance he straps on his +5 boots of striding.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:36 AM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

For every two points your constitution goes up, you fortitude saves and hitpoints per level both go up by 1. This lasts while you are wearing the item, of course.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 03:05 PM   #8
AndyG
Elminster

Like Nerull just said, constitution bonuses only affect you hps while the bonus is in effect. What this means is that drinking a potion of endurance won't give you character extra hps permanently. However, putting on Boots of Striding +5 will immediately gain your character either 2 or 3 hps/level.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 06:28 PM   #9
Zeliph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the regeneration from high constitution was in 2nd edition where the maximum for every stat was 25(dex got screwed then) and its still not bad to have the extra con. It will make you like hans and frans
Old 07-28-2002, 06:29 PM   #10
Zeliph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh and you could always make/find an item that had regeneration/vampiric regeneration. I think vampiric is only when you damage someone in combat(no with spells)