Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-20-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Can anyone give me some suggestion of the best class for the first trial in the game???Should i try out a plain old fighter first or hop on to using a wizard???
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 05:22 PM   #2
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:
Can anyone give me some suggestion of the best class for the first trial in the game???Should i try out a plain old fighter first or hop on to using a wizard???
It is very difficult playing as a wizard, especially in the beginning levels. I'd try a plain old fighter first until you get used to the hot keys and interface. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 06:50 PM   #3
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

I started off with my elven necromancer and am doing fine so far. just rest often to memorize spells...very often.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:03 PM   #4
Rokenn
Galvatron

according to the stratgy guide Rangers are the easiest solo class. You may want to start there. Personally I have been having fun with my Monk [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2002, 07:48 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've started out with a fighter to get the hang of it. He really kicks some ass! But I can see how some other classes would have other advantages, I'm really enjoying it!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:02 PM   #6
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

im currently using a fighter/cleric dwarvf. it works well since fighter is a dwarve's preferred class, so theres no penalty for multi-classing.

[ 06-20-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: KAR_MOD1 ]
Old 07-28-2002, 04:15 PM   #7
Damned Paladin
Welcomed New User

My Human Necromancer/Cleric (weird combo) seems to be kicking some ass....

Hmmm...I like the wizard classes better than fighting, personally
Damned Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:26 PM   #8
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

rangers are better than fighters? what's the disadvantages and advantages of these two classes?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 05:21 PM   #9
Aramil Galanodel
Dungeon Master

almost equal fighting potential, but a ranger can hide behind a animal companion =)
Aramil Galanodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 06:20 PM   #10
Zeliph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

k, rangers get ambidexterity and two weapon fighting (use two weapons wiht much smaller penalties(-2 to hit compared to the -6/-8)) when wearing light or no armor. They get a small selection of divine spells, and they get an animal companion. Because of the light or no armor for the dual wielding you tend to want high dexterity. Now, the fighter is my personal favorite, next to the rogue, the fighter gets tons of bonus feats. A human fighter at 20th level has 19 feats, altough I usually multiclass at 13th or 16th level. Fighters can wear any type of armor and if you are a human then you start out with 3 feats. My current character is a human fighter with 27 str(magic items) 15 dex(dual wield) 14 con, 8 int, 8 wis, 8cha. Although he can kill anything in melee, he gets killed pretty quick by death magic and such. So all in all. fighter would be my suggestion overall. You can generally find items to keep you alive from death magic and such and you can take the feats that a ranger gets when you startout (except you have to have 15 dex and a ranger doesn't) and you have more stat points to move around. A ranger should have 14 wisdom for his spells, 16-18 str, 14-18 dex, 14-16 con, and 12-16 cha for the animal handling(don't know if it is in NWN but know its in dnd). Anyway, hope this helps do something besides take up space.