Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 12:01 AM   #1
Igor

Human male -> Warrior -> Paladin -> Ranger -> Barbarian -> Zenmaster
Pixie female -> Priest -> Monk -> Warlock
Elf female -> Wizard -> Bard -> Warlock -> Valkyrie
Gourk male -> Warrior -> Samurai -> Ninja
Gnome female -> Rogue -> Ninja -> Assassin
Elf male -> Wizard -> Warlock

PS I have finished the game yesterday... but not sure that my first character is a good choise for zenmaster, isn't it? He can't advance in Bushi guild (all quest are done)... so may be second character will be better for zenmaster? What do you think?
What gives me zenmaster class?
Old 01-11-2001, 12:41 AM   #2
maxpower

This is interesting since im new to RPG's, seems that my choices have not been so bad. So far they are (bearing in mind I've just finished the serpent temple and killed 4 amazoni mantraps)

Human Male(1) -> Warrior(5th) -> Barbarian(10th) -> Ranger in training.
Human Male(2) -> Warrior(5th) -> Barbarian(10th) -> Ranger in training.
Omphaaz Male -> Warrior(6th) -> Barbarian(10th) -> Ranger in training.
Ratling Male -> Rogue(10th) -> Ninja in training
Whiskah Female -> Wizard(9th) -> not sure what to train her to next..??
Omphaaz Female -> Preist(6th) -> Warlock(8th) -> again not sure what next..??

I've put what levels in brackets after as well. This is also the order that they tend to go into battle, but this is changing now that my wizard and my preist are getting stronger. On the bigger foes such as the amazoni I start with my wizard then preist and if needed then onto my 1st warrior etc...to do the hacking.

Anyone got any suggestions for the next roles for any of the above. My warriors wont stay as rangers for long just thought I'd get them all done at the same time and my Rogue will probably stay as Ninja for some time (once hes got it). But my wizard and preist are getting strong now and I wonder if I should just leave them be for now or should I push them onwards..??
Old 01-11-2001, 12:58 AM   #3
Moni

Maxpower,
Nice team! Very good for a first time player!
I am saving my Wizard & Priest's advancements in Roles for level 15 or 16 to be sure they have all their spells...will keep me from having to waste money/levels training them in areas of magic or buying books they would get for free with advancement in levels when I can use the training time for other traits & skills that I think they'll need.
Not to say that is the best advice, but it is what I am doing.
: )
Moni
Old 01-11-2001, 10:12 AM   #4
adam mage

I have looked into the Forum's and the member's archives
now I once did Oomphaz as a Rogue
but the thought of it becoming a ninja trying to sneak around the dark had me laughing...

at the other thread, the pixie barbarians had me laughing even more...

seriously: as a newbie, these are my characters right now...
Human male =Warrior=Samurai
Human male =Warrior= yet to be Paladin
Human female = Priest = Monk
Gourk male = Warrior = Barbarian
Whiskahs male = Wizard = yet to be Warlock
Elfen male = Rogue = yet to be a Ninja (don't know why I selected the elf instead of Ratling. Must be in the comic book I read)

how about you on this forum?
Old 01-11-2001, 10:23 AM   #5
Serath
Manshoon

Here's my party as they stand right now:

Human male - warrior - paladin
Dwarven male - warrior - barbarian
Whiskas female - warrior - samurai
Ratling male - rogue - ninja - assasin
Oomphaz female - priest - monk
Pixie female - wizard - warlock

Nothing like a Dwarven barbarian running helter skelter through the ranks of the enemy. He's my favorite character.

Serath
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 10:54 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Here is my current party:
Gourk warrior -> Barbarian -> Paladin
(guess I'll have to survive without stone magic I don't know yet if I'll stay paladin 'till I get crusade, or give that up to finally get some Illuminate with a Samurai.) Chose Gourk because it was the only race I hadn't played yet. Started as warrior to switch as soon as possible to barbarian for traps&locks, and didn't want the rogue because I wouldn't be able to switch until Ishad.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:33 AM   #7
Moni

I have 6 males, all human...started with 3 Warriors, a Priest, a Rogue & a Wizard.
Now I have A Paladin, 2 Samurais, a Priest who will soon become a monk, a Ninja who will later become an assassin & a wizard~soon to become a Warlock. Not sure who will aspire to be the Zenmaster. Made sense to me in the beginning that it would be a role easily taken by a monk, but I have read threads where people have mentioned it to be the goal of their Warlocks and have been re-thinking my original sense of play, but not too hard at this point...we still have a long way to go! Can't promise that the Paladin & Samurais will remain in their present roles either but as of yet I have not decided on them.
Old 01-11-2001, 11:53 AM   #8
pigment

Pixie Male: Wizard >> Warlock (Level 16)
Whiskat Female: Rouge >> Bard (Level 15)
Human Male: Wizard >> Warlock (Level 16)
Oomphaz Female: Priest >> Paladin (Level 17)
Dwarf Male: Warrior >> Ninja (Level 15)
Elven Female: Warrior >> Samurai (Level 15)
Old 01-11-2001, 02:52 PM   #9
coach

okay here's my crew:

KERENA (human female) warrior10/samurai14/barb9
This is the epitome of woman. with her fiery red hair and more than capable sword arm she can hold her own with any of the boys in the group. I know she will make an excellent valkyrie someday. She is the leader of the group, but lately she has found her leadership position challenged by......
DELREC (dwarven male) priest12/paladin13/samurai8
this little stout gets a lot of credit for working himself up to a leadership type role. I never thought my lowly priest would move so quickly up the totem pole, and he kicks a$$ just a wee bit better than Kerena with his mavin sword.maybe he IS the leader and sweet Kerena is the 'representitive' of the group
MOGG (gourk male)warrior11/barbarian 17
he is the tank of my group. Record damage with sword of argus(no x-tra enchantments or support magic) is 57 points with one blow.....geez wait till i get his strentgh up to 20. I WOULD NOT, however recommend that he performs any naga rituals.....
NAGA SPIRIT:"AS THE SERPENT SLEEPS?"
MOGG:>"DUHHH....WAITS?"
TALOK:>"ITS THE SERVANT WAITS, YOU IDIOT"
Old 01-11-2001, 03:07 PM   #10
coach

MOGG:"AW CAN I AT LEAST LIGHT THE INSCENCE?"
RUNAWAY(female ratling)rouge12/ninja14/warlock9
she is my favorite character.picture a former ratling ninja (thats a tough one.)who switched to warlock, fights with no weapons,sporting a wizard robe and yes.....the icing on the cake...the Masque of Evil. My names chuckie!wanna play?see, she is a female, that is why she started of as a rouge and not a rougue.nyuk
TALOK(male elf)wizard11/warlock15/ranger9
TYRUS(male elf)wizard15/warlock13/bard in training
nothin too special here.i must say i do enjoy the different developmental paths these two brothers took.lots of magic betwwen the two, and the most kills.besides, you aint no stinking wizard in the gael serran until you got a cursed staff baby!!

well thats my party...its the first one ive created too.way too attached at this time to start a new crew, even to i f'ed up my assassin quest.anyways you guys , i know your characters have a little personaltiy, so let here more about that stuff and less of just stats and level!
"SURRENDER YOUR GOLD OR YOU'LL PAY DEARLY"
"WE'VE GOT YOU OUTNUMBERED" oh wait a second >"""DOH!!!"""