Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-02-2001, 06:41 PM   #1
Gauleiter

On a recent discussion, it was generally agreed that the "Bark Horrors" of northern Isle of Sands were the best place to find the Seed of the Living Tree requested by the Wizard's Guild of Brimloch.

I found out, by a combination of curiosity and accident, that Oakenmir has a seed himself -- steal it from him, but MAKE SURE your pickpocket skill is up to 8 or 10, 'cause he's not a good guy to have as your enemy.

I don't recall this being mentioned, and he's certainly closer to town than the Isle of Sands, and he's also non-hostile. Nice
Old 01-02-2001, 06:44 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Very kewl!!!

That's a nice bit of information to add to the growing list! I thought it was rather frustrating to give players the seed quest when they were yet so far from getting one if the only place was in the Isle of Sands area.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 12:07 AM   #3
Erad

Uhm, my Tomonari Katana (forgot the name, renamed it to Touch of Death a while ago ) does 20-65 dmg after 14 blessings.My zen uses it along with Wakizashi +2(Demon Bite), which does 11-37 dmg.I never found wizards dagger.
Blessing nr, um, 10 costs about 1 000 000, so its quite expensive

Erad
Old 01-07-2001, 12:16 AM   #4
emilyh
Welcomed New User

After saving up lots of gold, I blessed an ordinary dagger to +5 (warlock has) and regular swords to +2 or 3. Plus I enchanted most of my warlocks's armor to protect magic and fire, since she can't wear anything really good. That +5 dagger is hitting more often than the Mavin sword. Can't say it does more damage, though. The one who wields the Mavin has Giantstrike and normally does 18-20 points. Heh heh.

Other really cool weapons, if you can find them, are the Dragon's Tongue (a flamberge) and Nightblade.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 12:17 AM   #5
Gauleiter

Wizard's Dagger is a random thing -- I actually found two of them the first time.

And yes, above 5 or 6 blessings is really a bit expensive to be plausibly accomplished without cheating (yes, I know the merchants among us have done so, but they've got more patience than me), but I'm saying they're NOT NECESSARY. Start with sexy items, and 3 or 4 damage blessings will make them more than sufficiently powerful to take on *everything* in the game. Bless more than that, things start to get too easy (just my opinion, makes no difference for everyone else).

Fact is, you bless things too much more than that, and some cheating has to start taking place...
Old 01-07-2001, 12:23 AM   #6
Erad

Well, yeach, hehe.But Im that type of guy, when i see something i can bless/enchant/invoke/use I usually do it
Besides, my Dragon Kimono has about 8ac now, along with regenerate

Erad

PS.I WANT VAMPIRES TO HAVE HYPNOTIZE ABILITY!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2001, 03:40 AM   #7
frank

I just did everything else and then killed the tree, used him as firewood, got about 4-5 levels for each charecter after it too. Ah well he drank to much water anyways.
Old 01-07-2001, 10:13 AM   #8
Erad

I just killed this tree.Only my Zenmaster was alive when it went down (I mean Oakenmir).LOL guess what.Before zennie was lvl 19.After he is lvl 65
Also, I need a good money cheat.After I killed him I got blessings & enchants on lvl 12 each (need caaaash).I blessed my Kimono of the Dragon (to the max, costed me about 2 000 000), which I can sell for 400 000 .I also blessed my katanas, wakizashis, assasins robes, nightblade etc etc.In 30 minuts I spent about....90 000 000 (I had it from edited chars, just took the money and deleted them ).I need more cash!!!!!HEEEEEELP

Erad

PS.Its really cool looking at self-made weapons, armours & jewelery
Old 01-07-2001, 11:45 AM   #9
Gauleiter

It's funny: at the end of the game, my Mavin-wielding guy, even after the Black Fire experience, was doing far more damage with his blessed-up Washizaki +2 (sp? Sounds like Suzuki...) than with the Mavin itself

Seems a bit of bad planning on the part of the developers, that at that end point in Cet's House the two weakest weapons *by far*, even Black Fired, were the Mavin and the Staff of Death. That's not by cheating, either: takes cash, but 3 or 4 enchantments aren't /that/ expensive when one considers the amount of cash lying around in the later dungeons, especially spawn often. Seems to me the secret of good enchanted weapons is to START with something good anyway: the Washizaki +2 was kickass anyway, likewise the Wizard's Dagger (for the Assassin) and the Dagger +2 (Zenmaster got this one), and also that big two-handed Dragon Sword (besides the Wizard's Dagger, it had the highest overall damage, scoring [w/o Heroic Might, Bloodlust, etc.] around 32) which enchanted quite nicely.

BTW, as far as cheating goes (there's really no need for *that* much money, IMO -- 3 or 4 damage enchants is quite sufficient for this game, and can be done w/o cheating), the best overall money cheat is simple inventory editing, which I'm not about to teach (Wyv has been doing it for longer than I have, anyway ), because you can learn it yourself with about an hour's free time and a little curiosity. Just do be sure to backup *everything* you mess with, B4 you mess with it.