Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Charean
Hathor

Mad

Hacking the LANs are driving me insane. Anyone know another way besides restarting?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Wow! I can't believe I'm not the only one here playing this!
hacking LAN systems are always fun, even more fun than robbing banks... Save your game often(copy the profile somewhere safe) before trying. Use the Force as a last means to open a lock. You have all the tools? Then the admin logs in, the fun begins... the game of cat and mouse, and you're the mouse, and you're trying to reach the cheese in the shape of the server. He will find you eventually, but you might have enough time to do whatever you wanted to do before he does. And no, it doesn't help if you put the administrator in jail. Tried it... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Remember now, if you think you don't have enough money, do a few removal jobs. Easiest money in the game. First hack in GCD, but only obtain all the passwords, don't proceed. Then, restart the connection, bring up Monitor, Firewall and Proxy bypass and log in. No trace. You now have time to do about a gizillion jobs, and then just cleanse the InterNIC(assuming it's your first step in connections... it should be).
Old 03-14-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hmm, I have heard about this game...Where would one find it? I haven't seen it in any shops.....
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:06 AM   #4
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

http://www.uplink.co.uk/
Svaerdhelgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:05 PM   #5
Charean
Hathor

I have been backing my character up - the cool part is that I found a millionaire early in the game so I could "appropriate" funds for my new gateway! With everthing!
I think it is just a matter of patience then.

Drat it all!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:29 PM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

There is a gareway maker available for Uplink. I've made myself a MBO with 64 processor slots and about 80 memory slots and stuff... costs about 650000, but riles extremely!