Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-05-2003, 11:16 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Well, Full Throttle 2 may be cancelled, but at least Sam and Max 2 is still on the way! Yeeeeee Hah! Sam and Max is one of my top 5 games of all time, no kiddin'!

Also, brace yourself for Broken Sword 3 which is set to be one hell of rockin' adventure game!

Additionally, let's not forget the recently-released-in-English Runaway, which I just completed a couple of nights ago. I have to say that it definately gets a thumbs up as far as adventure games go.

'Adventure' is my favourite computer games genre, I even prefer Adventure Games to RPGs (and that says ALOT! How many hours have I wasted playing the numerous Black Isle masterpieces? Alot! )! And so I am glad to profess that the adventure genre is far from dead my friends. Developers do still care about providing engaging storylines and gameplay that makes you think. There is light at the end of the mindless, 3D, action, FPS tunnel.
The last AWESOME Adventure game I played (and it was HUGE and so cool) was called 'The Longest Journey'. I'm sure you've heard or even played it. (If not, get it asap!) All the game mag's gave it perfect scores!!

Anyone else play TlG?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:53 PM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I did. [img]smile.gif[/img] It was a long journey alright, but hey, which guy can say no to a gal character in just her PJs?

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I jest, and seriously, despite some minor translation flaws, it is one of the better "serious" Adventure games. My advise to those playing it for the first time. Get some pen and paper, unless you are confident that you have photographic memory. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

One thing that I liked about the game was its' witty cynicism and dry humour. It is very hard to pull off such a feat, but TLJ succeeded in doing it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:57 AM   #13
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh yeah, TLJ was awesome! I had the (mis)fortune of buying it just as my end-of-year exams started last year. Needless to say, very little study was done
Old 11-06-2003, 08:00 AM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

TLJ sounds intresting, What is the plot? who makes it? I have never heard of it [img]graemlins/greengirl.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 07:37 PM   #15
wellard
Dracolisk

OK Ive been doing a bit of research on playing lucas arts (scumm engine) games on modern PC's and many of them are supported by emulators available from this link.

Though the one to allow you to play full throttle is still a way from completion.

http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/compatibility.php

Has anybody tried one of these emulators?

If anybody knows of other ways of getting old lucas arts games running let us know [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2003, 11:54 PM   #16
Kezardin
Elminster

VOGONS (Very Old Games on New Systems) has a lot of tricks and tips for old games - including some specific information on Full Throttle

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/

This site also has some generic tricks and tips :

http://www.the-underdogs.org/guidewin.php
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:04 AM   #17
wellard
Dracolisk

Thanks Kezardin.

I will check them out now.

Old 11-23-2003, 01:59 PM   #18
Zero Alpha

i was given the link to the scummvm the other day. YAY. indy now works with full sound ^^. actualy, so does LOOM 0.o

im just gonna try VOGONS. thanks for the link
Old 12-01-2003, 01:54 PM   #19
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

I was sad to hear last month that the new version of Full Throttle has been cancelled. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.