Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2001, 01:20 AM   #11
Baron Nocturna
Dungeon Master

Hold the phone guys. This ring he's speaking of is some weird anomoly. That ring DOES exist and it is called a ring of free action but it is some kind of GOD ring or something that the BG designers probably threw in for testing purposes or some other such purpose and NOT the one you can earn in the game. It does the following. Gives improved haste, 100% magic resistance, immune to +1 weapons and lower, free action, and 100 extra hitpoints. It is called a ring of free action. I discovered this ring through a glitch when I continued an SOA game into ToB and suddenly my main character had this god ring. I was confused as to how my wimpy bard became the tank to end all until I noticed him wearing a ring he hadn't had before. Looking through Shadow Keeper confirmed. Total cheese and zero fun thinks I. Another cheese trick with the ring is remove it and put it back on and it heals you. Lame...

Baron Nocturna

------------------
Anyone care to see my Rod of Lordly Might?
Old 10-16-2001, 02:12 AM   #12
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

the baron is correct. there are several items in the game (but not "in" the game) that are named like normally available stuff but that have odd abilities. the kill sword is one; this ring is another. lots of creatures have their immunities and attacks tied into undroppable items that the designers didnt bother to change descriptions for since, without cheating, theyd never be seen by the player anyway.