Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2002, 07:36 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I'M a paladin focusing on longsword and greatsword. should I take specializtion for both? it's worth of it?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 10:58 AM   #2
Whailor

Well, it does add a bonus to your attack rating (what was it, +1?), but whether you should take it for both.. As a paladin, there's loads of other feats to choose, so choose carefully - feats are limited [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 11:47 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

weapon focus gives a +1 to hit with the chosen weapon, Specilization gives +2 damage (if you're using a weapon with a x3 critical like an axe the damage bonus is increased to 6 on a critical hit) it's extremely useful, but you may have to pick up a lvl of fighter to get it.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:21 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Yep, I'm 3Pal/1Fig right now. Fig level is nice it gives me 1 bonus feat plus weapon speciazlition feat and +3 to discipline skill. unfortunately there isnt really useful feats imp crit,weap foc,weap spec,cleav,pow atk is the way to go! toughness is useless gives you just +1 hp per level. well no matter if I have 5 hp more or not [img]smile.gif[/img] +2 save feats are nice I'll take one of those. extra turning useless to why turn undead? I'll turn them all to dust with my sword!
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Old 08-22-2002, 09:10 AM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

I would say if you have one primary weapon, go ahead and specialize in it. If you're wielding two or more different weapons, it's a waste of feats to specialize in all of them. The bonus is not that high. There are better feats to pick up.

I personally like the toughness feat. I've ended a few fights with ten or so hit points left. Without toughness, I would have been dead.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 10:23 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Firstly only a fighter of level 4 or more can pick weapon specialization. secondly I wouldn't pick weapon specific feats ie focus, improved critical, for more than one weapon. It's a waste. I'd go power attack and cleave. Toughness is good too. More hitpoints is always good. You'll need every one you can get later.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:37 PM   #7
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

1 fighter level is enough when your character level is 4 you can have weapon specialization.

A human paladin with 1 fighter level will have 9 feats.

*power attack
*cleave

*weapon focus GREATSWORD
*weapon specialization GREATSWORD
*improved critical GREATSWORD

well we got 4 only.

I can have these:

thougness
save +2 reflex
save +2 will
save +2 fortifude

or focus/spec/imp crit. on another weapon.

do you think that it's a waste to specialize in another weapon type? but I wont use greatsword all the time, sometimes you have to use a sword with shield. but im undecided about this 2nd weapon bastard sword or longsword.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:21 PM   #8
AndyG
Elminster

If you're using the weapon at least 30% of the time, I'd pick up the Focus and Improved Critical Feats. Focus gives you more of that type of weapon as treaasure, and extra criticals gives you great damage potential. If it's just a rare useage, don't bother with the feats. Currently, my level 16 fighter/rogue is running out of feats to choose, so you reach a point where have a few that can be spared.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote