Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 06:33 PM   #11
skywalker
Banned User

The most annoying to me are the Chest Squix. You're all set to open another chest hoping to find something really neat, and what do you get - ambushed by an annoying Snail-In-A-Box. I hate that!
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 06:54 PM   #12
Moni

Sazerac,
Yes I do agree about the cutsie lil nymph voices...makes me wish we had the option to talk back:
"Put a sock in it sister, you're toast!"

I missed out on Might & Magic 6, lol...enjoyed 7 & 8 very much though! Kinda glad now that I hear there is worse grossness than vomiting zombies!
Gotta like the way they look though~Frankenmen~worth killing without a doubt!

Skywalker, ^5 for adding those chest squix's! Oh how I despise those things!!!

: )
Moni
Old 01-11-2001, 07:35 PM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Moni: You are right about the Zombies. They are gross, but they are really just annoying. They're just not very effective with vomit attack either.

Mark
Old 01-11-2001, 07:46 PM   #14
Sean Mc.

One word: Pikachu GROSS!!!!
Old 01-11-2001, 07:51 PM   #15
skywalker
Banned User

Moni: Does ^5 mean High Five? (I hope I'm not wrong, then I'd feel pretty dumb. I'm so out of touch on this stuff. It took me a while to figure out what a PITA was. I was confused about what bread had to do with the subject of a message on the newsgroups!)

By the way, am I the only one who gets excited when I see that someone has responded to one of my posts?

Mark
Old 01-11-2001, 10:29 PM   #16
Moni

Mark,
^5 does mean High Five & don't feel bad, I only learned it by asking someone who typed it to me in a CROWDED chat! Talk about embarassing, I mean, high fiving one another was a standard in the hallways of High School, lol! (OK That was 20 years ago but I felt I shoulda known!)

I still don't know what PITA means...never heard it until now...if its not bread, what is it? ; )~

& No, I love it when people respond to my posts, I think everyone here does...but we are all such a great group though how can we resist...or be resisted?

: )
Moni
Old 01-12-2001, 12:31 AM   #17
Lily the Ranger

Moni - PITA . . . Pain in the . . . since the bread falls apart, I kind like that one.

Once you get up there in levels I find anything below 100 XP annoying. But the nymphs made me feel so guilty with that last surprised horrified shriek until I realised they were stealing my items then I blasted them from afar. It reminds me of the opening of labyrinth when the Sarah catches Hogwart spraying the tiny fairies with insecticide and calls him a monster . . . then she cups one in her hands and it bites her! Fighting anything above water is annoying.

skywalker - the first squix killed me. squix not affected . . . ERRRRRR and then you can't get the treasure after they die! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 01-12-2001, 12:39 AM   #18
GrimReaper

Hope this works. First time posting to any forum anywhere.

I would have to definitely add piranha that always seem to catch me when I am trying to swim through a tunnel somewhere. Once I am surrounded my poor little one man adventurer can't fight his way free. Heck, I had trouble with a party of six. Stupid piranha.

P.S. This is a great forum.
Old 01-12-2001, 12:43 AM   #19
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Amazoni Mantrap breathes poison.

Jazelind the Warlock: "I'm going to incinerate this . . . cough, gasp, gag . . . critter."

Mara Jade the Ninja: "Hi -- Cough cough choke -- ya!"

Barok the Paladin, wielder of the Mavin: Growling, "I will slay the beast!" (Swing, miss) cough cough gasp "Maybe not just yet."

Skar the Ratling Priest: "Unholy fiend!" (Casting cure poison on nearest fighter as quickly as possible)

Nick the Vampire Paladin: "Bawahaha! I vant to suck your plant juice!" (Attempt to bite the plant results in inhaling noxious fumes.) "Cough cough gasp - erk, help!"
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 12:51 AM   #20
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Sea shark bites Nick, the Vampire Paladin.

Nick tries to bite the sea shark and misses. Jazelind casts flamestrike, aiming for the shark's tiny fin. Shark dives underwater!
Barok, wielder of the Mavin Sword, growls and dives after the sea shark.

"Wait you idiot," Skar the Ratling Priest exclaims. "I have to cast Breath of Air!" Diving under, Skar starts to cast the spell but the shark bites him.

Skar retaliates with the mace, giving the fish a bump on the head. Three more sea sharks have arrived. One bites Mara Jade. Wielding a katana +3, the Ninja takes a slice of sushi. Nick attempts to bite the nearest sea shark and misses.

By the time it gets around to his turn, Skar is one waterlogged rat. Half his hit points are gone. Hurridly, he casts Breath of Air. The battle ensues.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote