Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 04-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #21
Carson Drayke
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: EFU Mod Update of NEW Content -- And what do you wanna see in the next patch?

No clue how realistic this is, but how about a training room with some opponents of various AC that can't be killed, but can't do damage either (maybe the NPCs are kinda set up this way already, but it'd be nice to know what AC you're hitting against). Make them vulnerable to crits, sneaks, and spell affects so you can get a sense how good a character/weapon combo might be in a controlled setting.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: EFU Mod Update of NEW Content -- And what do you wanna see in the next patch?

A bad-ass halberd or two would be nice!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #23
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbringer View Post
A bad-ass halberd or two would be nice!
Or a "naughty-bottom" katana, dwarven war axe, dual sword..
Old 05-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #24
garrison
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toot033 View Post
Or a "naughty-bottom" katana, dwarven war axe, dual sword..
That's a good point, there are some great CEP weapons which lack old school equivalents (e.g. Greatsword, Double Scimitar); it would be nice to kill a tough NPC and get a weapon actually selectable as a specialization/focus.
garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:50 AM   #25
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Ironworks Forum Re: EFU Mod Update of NEW Content -- And what do you wanna see in the next patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrison View Post
That's a good point, there are some great CEP weapons which lack old school equivalents (e.g. Greatsword, Double Scimitar); it would be nice to kill a tough NPC and get a weapon actually selectable as a specialization/focus.
One problem with CEP weapons is that trying to script in the bonuses is an atrocious and painful project. I actually went looking earlier on this year and last year for people whom have already accomplished said feat, only to find a few different projects in various degrees of completion. The only real way to make the CEP weapons compete is to make them even more powerful than the regular weapons, only to give them a favourable advantage. (That is, give them either better OnHit abilities, more spells and feats added to them, et cetera.) Said "Superior CEP Weapons" would more than likely only be found against various opponents such as the Cyrist Commander.

Yes, I did some time ago send through quite a few different concepts to Ziroc. Quite a few of them have already found their way into the game, such as a robe, a few shuriken, and I think a staff. As for the request for a "bad ass halberd" we have one in the form of the Naginata of Firelash +13 (counts as a polearm weapon). I am almost certain more will be on the way.

As for Garrison's question a few months ago, pretty much if you are playing an arcane archer, you are doomed to either get the sword (fighter class) or the necklace (wizard class) as a reward. Easiest method to get the bow would be to trade for it with some of your fellow players. I know I have a ranger whom I created mainly to get that prize for myself and other archer characters. There ~might~ be new bows coming, but even that I am unsure of. I am certain when 1.69 hits, we will be getting our answers then. (Not to mention new tridents...)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #26
garrison
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozenwrathe View Post
Easiest method to get the bow would be to trade for it with some of your fellow players. I know I have a ranger whom I created mainly to get that prize for myself and other archer characters.
I've a pure ranger I use for that, but I hope to create a bow receiving build which can actually hit the DPG inmates; toward that end I shall probably try a Ranger/Bard/AA as RTB suggests, failing that I'll try a Ranger/WM. As an absolute last resort I have secret plans for a Cleric/Lawyer build who can sue them to the nine hells.
garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #27
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hmmm.

A Lawyer build.

I assume a Lawful Evil alignment goes without saying.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #28
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greything View Post
Hmmm.

A Lawyer build.

I assume a Lawful Evil alignment goes without saying.
You, sir, nearly owed me a new keyboard with that comment!

Another set of armor along the lines of the Vixen robes would be sweet . Maybe the Virile Thong of Manliness?