Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 01-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #11
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Default Re: Try out Levels 8 and 14 again... Tweaked them

I will be buying the diamond pack tonight, hope to see all this soon!
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Well, I just have one question about lvl 8. You see, Javan and I were there the other night, and I know, I was supposed to have this up sooner, but all my photo apps were on strike.

I just have to know, what's up with this?

ETA: We were on lvl 8, on the dock in the Zhent camp. What's with the full moon? In an underground forest?

If you read the Novel 'Escape from Undermountain', it says that the ceiling is a dome, with magical clouds, (even rains) with a sun and moon (also magically made).
I did try to model a huge dome, with a magical looking sun and moon, but the day/night thing was hard, and it didn't look right, so I just turned the sky on.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #13
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Exclamation Re: Try out Levels 8 and 14 again... Tweaked them

oh yeah, welcome back RTB!
glad to see you back online here.
oh yeah, I want that portrait you have for that character. (doesn't matter how many I have already!)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.

Last edited by Mozenwrathe; 01-26-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

A new set of experiences available now!

==

Akodo Fuyumi (AB +39 with a bastard sword and AC 66) tag teaming with the recently returned champion Harissa Waynolt decided to challenge the wildnerness that is Level Eight. Okay, Akodo Fuyumi IS a level seventeen character (Fighter 6, Rogue 1, Weapon Master 10). And Akodo Fuyumi... could barely hit anything properly. What gives? Is it her looks? Her personality? The fact she doesn't use a longsword? This I could not figure out. Even with a lot of assistance, she seemed to be struggling to tag her opponents, though they loved dropping the bomb (and other spellcraft) on her. Repeatedly. Often. Swiftly.

Unlike the previous day with Roddybug The Sage cleaving his foes in twain, it seemed the denizens of the Forest seemed to have wisened up. I have not taken a look at the rolls, but something must have been highly different for her not to have the same success as he did. Still, most of the softer enemies (such as the summons, the Malar Visionists, and the Malar Hunters) were still able to be taken down by herself with no outside assistance. For the harder enemies such as the Malar Panther Warriors, a long and drawn out battle was her usual fortune... with the added misfortune of losing her life on more than one occasion. I have to admit, a few more levels would have been handy, but that was the level she was at. No really powerful armor or shields - just about everything she had you could purchase... except for the bastard sword.

The tree stump was terrifyingly easy. Then again, having a sword that creatures a natural disaster every time you use it comes in handy within confined spaces against weaker foes. I do so LOVE that Blade... In any case, the character did not fare so badly within the tree stump. I believe the purpose of that region is for people to go in there, slay a bunch of things, and then feel better about their chracter builds. Regardless, I came out of there with an armful of armor and not a small amount of maces. The only bad thing was running back was a little dangerous. I was worried that some of those Zhentarim Agents (whom I could barely touch) would be back for my soul and other things I didn't want their greasy hands touching (such as my pocketbook).

This character did not even attempt to challenge the dragon if the general populace was going to be too tough for her to handle. As well, she took the teleporter down from there to a realm FAR TOO DEADLY for her liking... on purpose. Why? Some excellent purchases. Akodo Fuyumi fought her way back through Fifteen and then through the Cyric Temple. Okay, let's be honest - it was more of a sprint and hoping not to die too often. Though I had a few dozen scrolls on me (inside of Level Fifteen), I was not even going to try for the denizens of Level Fourteen except for the Rust Monsters... and the Voracious Rust Monsters. Spending more than 100 grand on scrolls works in your favour at that point and time. Perhaps at level 20 (fighter 8/rogue 2/weapon master 10) shall Akodo Fuyumi attempt to go through the Underground Forest again.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #15
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

(Before the server crash...)

Merry (lvl 28, AB a modest +36 etc with dual wield) ran as fast as her little halfling legs could carry her through level 8! The ONLY thing she could even hit was a Hunter. The others were entirely impossible still.

Now, I realize that along the way I didn't uberize her as much as I could have, but the difficulty for a less-than-level-40 is still utterly ridiculous.

Because the server keeps crashing, I haven't seen 14 yet to see any tweaks.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #16
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Ok, with an AB of +51 (and AC72), the Malar are no match for my blackguard (32, he's still growing). The Beast and he spent quite a long time dancing, however; they seemed rather evenly matched.

(Still can't take down those damned Ferragan Watchers on 15, though! )
Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 AM   #17
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I forgot about the Zhents.. Will work on those after the release of this new few areas I am working on--I decided to add a cooler plot that I originally did. Should be cool! Should be done in a few days. I took a few days off to work on my Artwork, so I don't burn out.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #18
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet FalconDance View Post
(Still can't take down those damned Ferragan Watchers on 15, though! )
I'm not surprised, I don't think there are many builds that can, but I really, really want one as a hench-thing, they are my absolute favourite, if somewhat conversationally stunted.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #19
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Just wondering what level is the new Skull port Xanther region rated for? I took a new build down there and could barely touch any of the guards by the boat. She's lvl 22 with a 46 Ab and it was a swing... wiff.... swing... ding... swing.. swing.. swing (rinse lather repeat) for a looong time. I wound up taking out 2 and leaving one there slightly injured and went off to another region.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #20
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Got a few more levels and it appears that a 48 - 50 AB can easily handle those mean old Xanther guards!!