Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 09:32 AM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As you guys know I'm not on-line at home (afraid my hubby would hang-out on-line all day and not get the housework done). I come back this morning and so many people are leaving. Makes me sad. (Though actually a little envious of Rikard.) I hope no one else drops out--I'll start feeling insecure about the board.

Anyway, I had a good weekend gaming. Thanks to all who gave me tips on the Mind Flayer thing in the sewers--got that done. (Took awhile.)

I posted last week that I have lost the Shadow Thieves Guild Key. I thought I had downloaded Shadowkeeper and burned it into a cd. Took it home--nothing there. Bummer! Anyway, I was looking through a strategy guide I have and there is a function the the BGII soft ware to create items. I think I can use that to replace the key.

HELP! Does anyone know the code for the key to the Shadow Thieves Cellar? That code is not in my book. It should be something like for a scroll "scr001." Or something like that for that key.

I would really appreciate the help because I am at a total standstill as far as the main story line goes without it.

Got desperate last night and killed the shade lich just to have something to do. I've done everything not connected with the main story line except the other two liches and the Rune Stone thing.

I really want to get back to the main story. Help!
Old 02-27-2001, 09:40 AM   #2
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey don't be sad at least for me,as for the door issue why not get the location and do the CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("arXXXX") or CLUAConsole:ExploreArea()
Old 02-27-2001, 09:59 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Reeka, I wont abandon this board for awhile!
i will keep on annoy you and howl in your ear for some time yet and I wont to see how the new board works out!

Better yet is to use the cheat line "debug=1! under game options in your baldur.ini file and use ctrl+j to teleport to marker.
This way you can teleport all selected characters into desired area.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:00 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Reeka: Don't be sad! There are lots of wonderful people still on the board and many of those who are leaving are only going away temporarily! Memnoch's party scenario is a good one. Just figure that some folks stay all night and others drift back to their homes earlier. But nearly all of them will be back for the next soiree or the one after that.

Can't help with the key issue, haven't done it yet, myself.

Cloudbringer
Old 02-27-2001, 10:11 AM   #5
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Woolfie and Hellfire:

Thanks for the RR (that's rapid response). As I've said before (and Tobbin knows) I am "technologically challenge." The first computers I used were "double floppies" (get the picture). Hell, I can't even change the channels on the TV in my daughter's playroom with the way she and my husband have the damn thing hooked up to a Nintendo 64 and VCR. So, guys, we've got to get very elementary here.

Where do I do this "cheat thing"? Do I go into my computer and find a certain file? Is the BGII game open? Do I open the saved game I want to use?

I need "blow-by-blow" here, guys. BTW, I'm not a dumb blonde--only the the blonde part is true.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:18 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hehe, well i used to be blonde when I was a little one.. No fault in that. (Blonde blue eyes, any one say Swede??)
Hrm , well In the Baldursgate folder you will have a file named Baldur.ini file with notepad, look for a heading called [Program Options]. Under this heading type: Debug Mode=1, then save and exit. Start your game of BG2 as normal and in game press Control+Space to activate the console.

Console Cheats (Must be entered exactly as shown):

XP For Your Group
CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("XP amount here") press enter to activate. Note the XP Cap in BG2 is 2,950,000--do not use commas in the XP amount.

Gold
CLUAConsole:AddGold("Amount of gold here") press enter to activate. Note, as in the XP amount-DO NOT USE COMMAS!

NOTE: You can give XP to a single or all party members. Click once on the character you wish to give xp to and then enter the XP cheat while their portrait is highlighted. To give all party members XP click the little square box in the lower right of you display and you will see all your characters portraits highlighted. Open the console and enter the code.

Create Items
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("item code here",quantity here) then press enter. No commas in the quantity #.

Here is an example using the identify scroll code.

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("scrl75",100)

This will place 100 Identify scrolls in your lead characters pack. Note that any magical items you create need to be identified before you get the benefits of using them.

A small tip to you.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:20 AM   #7
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

step by step
1 go under find files (above the start button
2 type in baldurs.ini under my computer
3 will show you a baldurs file,click on it
4 say something like programs(it will be a heading in the file )
under the ccolumn there will be a space type in Debug Mode=1
5 save ,and then close it ( thats the X in the right corner)
this will enable you to cheat and create item and such......if you want you could look in this site at the Cheats section of bg 2 and they have a list of all the stuff you can do with cheating...some good stuff,but like any cheats you will get consumed in it,i have and have regretted ever since...
Old 02-27-2001, 10:22 AM   #8
Griever
Manshoon

Geez, I forgot all about that already... Ive been playing D2 and Live 2000 these past few days... I havent played BG2 for about 2 months now... dont worry it'll come abck to me...

As for guys leaving the board, it sux... BUT, as long as they hang out here, it'll be ayt!
Old 02-27-2001, 10:29 AM   #9
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I am here to stay or your choice

I don't know if this is a possiblity but could you still side with Bhodi?? Like I said this may not be possible, I don't know if you technically have "chosen" to side with the shadow thieves if you haven't talked with Aran Linvail.......maybe someone can chime in here....see ya!
Old 02-27-2001, 10:30 AM   #10
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if she paid the money she sided with the shadow thieves