Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 10-11-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Dear and distinguished fellow members of this honourable board. I call upon you to hear your views on whether or not I am facing a mystery.

Chapter twenty-five of Stackman's Adventures will be released shortly detailing one hidden winglatch, one hidden button, and one hidden room in Skull Castle. I just want to hear your views on following peculiarities:

1) when leaving Goshin's pen in the direction of the dungeons there is a winglatch on an east wall which opens the grate allowing one to leave. Just by that winglatch there is another winglatch on a north wall which is not working when operated. Is this always so, or will it work if certain other prerequisites have been met?

2) the westernmost part of the south wall of the castle torture chamber (the room just north-west of the cistern (point L on Xignal's Skull Castle map))) has an odd colour which differs from that of the rest of the room. It is probably nothing, but I just wanted to know if anyone had made any interesting observations. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2003, 07:28 PM   #2
macoati
Manshoon

1) I believe that 'broken' winglatch is just that...broken. I've never had any success in getting it to do anything.

2) I believe that location may have been intended for a small expansion of the Castle as it does indeed 'look' like something more is meant there...unfortunately, not done due to the release situation.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:18 AM   #3
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

My, my! Don't we have some observant people on the boards! (Never really noticed the odd coloured part of the torture chamber, but I'll take your word for it [img]smile.gif[/img] )

I think Macoati is right with the first point; broken is broken.

It's good to see that there are still some things in W&W to puzzle over!

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-13-2003, 03:46 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

I don't think the winglatch is broken. If you will be enough fast with emerging from the water and reaching Goshin, you will see that Goshin is opening a grate in front of itself.
My theory is that the winglatch opens the grate but that it is "one way" - it only opens it and then it stops working. Let us note that all grates in the game have their locks, levers, triggers, or some related tricks (Valeia Crypt). They never act "directly" like doors.
Well, I was unable to check the theory: it would mean Vanishing from the 'X' corridors through the "upper grate" to the Goshin's area and seeing what's the matter with the winglatch before Goshin starts acting but - the vanishing seems to be unpossible.
The wall. I haven't found anything there.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:54 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Ah, Radek. Sharp as always. I bow to your theory. Of course the winglatch must be for opening that grate. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]