Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 10-08-2003, 03:29 AM   #11
Radek
Red Dragon

Bless for "hit" not for "damage", Bungleau. It's four times more expensive, therefore, it will bring four times more money later [img]smile.gif[/img] Naturally, use a zenmaster for the blessing.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:03 AM   #12
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
*Trying to respond for the third time... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] *

A valid viewpoint, and one held by others. Some might argue that by the time you get fletchery, you're more than halfway through the game, and money is the least of your worries. Others might point out that the trait doesn't work if you can't equip a bow, so future money flow is not guaranteed. Still others might point out that if you want to stop, just equip a second weapon instead of a bow. No bow in hand, no fletchery...

And Felix points out the truth: If you think 7,000 GP is an insane amount, I'm curious what you'd call the million plus that a fully-enchanted dragon arrow can bring?

One of the best things about W&W is that there are no right or wrong answers: only choices. So if you don't want to use fletchery, you don't have to. You can play the game nicely without it, and make the game as hard (or as easy ) as you want.

Guys, don't tell Skunk about the inn cheat or arbitrage. He may never want to go to sleep or head into a guild again [img]smile.gif[/img]

Weak humor button, Skunk. Weak humor. I live with it... it's nothing personal [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Hey every one. I'm surprised I never realized until now that IW also had a W&W forum. Anyway, about money being the least of your worries about halfway through the game, that is not necessarily true. I remember getting robbed or something (can't remember, it was 2 or 3 years ago) when moving from area 2 to 3, and I pretty much went flat out broke. Of course, I reloaded the game much farther back in order to get back the money, but I had maybe 60 or 70 thousand gold at the most. Plus, don't forget that you need to spend 10 thousand gp when you get to the 3rd area

*goes off to search for his long lost Wizards and Warrios CD along with the map* [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I found my CD much quicker than I expected, took only 1 minute while i expected it to take a day or so [img]smile.gif[/img]
Anyway, I have no idea at all where the map is. It's likely to have gotten thrown out accidentaly or something. Can anyone give me an online link where I can print a picture of the map?

[ 10-13-2003, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 08:47 AM   #13
Olli Kalma

Hello Lord!

Every map you need can be found in Rick Volberding W&W site.

Also look post bsftcs' W&W MAPS !!

And world map of Gael Serran can be found here.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:01 AM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to this side of the boards, Lord. May your time be enjoyable...

About the stealing thing... it can happen any time, whenever you're in combat with a rogue-type, rattling-type or a pixie-type (that I've noticed). One minute they're fighting, the next minute they're slipping a paw inside your moneybag. The nerve, I tell you...

Unfortunately, there's no way to defend against it (other than to kill 'em from a distance). You can reduce the odds by distributing the money, since they only take the moneybag from one character.

My experience has been that aside from my very first game, the 10,000 GP to get out of Brimloch Roon has never been a problem. Fletching away a nice bunch of enchanted dragon arrows removes a lot of the concern, and if one is truly desperate, one can always resort to arbitrage, buying and selling enchanted arrows at the local guilds.

I suppose if you took those two things out of the picture, it would be a lot more challenging. Hmmmm....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 10:49 AM   #15
bsftcs
Red Dragon

And a warm welcome from me as well. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Do hang around and keep us posted.

I believe there are countless ways of getting a lot of money through cheating. The hints lie scattered about the forum. If you need good hints - let us know. After all that is what we are here for. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2003, 10:54 AM   #16
Radek
Red Dragon

Thieves in the game:

1. Every thief class (rogue, ratling (i.e., ninja), troll sneek, etc.) can attempt to steal from you.

2. If the thief steals an item then the item is dropped on the ground when the thief gets killed and you can get the item back. Note that the thief can steal everything including quest items or keys. Always check the ground after fighting thieves. Always check your inventory after such fight, if you are bearing some valuable items or quest items.
Summary: You can always get all stolen items back.

3. If the thief steals money then the money is LOST FOREVER. The thief will not drop it after being killed. Moreover, the thief steals ALL your money at once. More precisely, all money of the attacked character in your party.
The only defense is: NEVER TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT OF A TOWN. You will never need your money in the wilderness!
a) The few traders in the wilderness can offer you nothing. You need not money there.
b) There is only one bank in Gael Serran. If you place your money to the bank in Valeia, you can take the money out of the bank in Ishad N'Ha and so on. In the other words, there is no need for transporting money from one town to another.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:59 AM   #17
Lord

Thanks for the map [img]smile.gif[/img]
Seems like my manual is long lost, and seeing how I can barely remember anything in the game, I need it to read through. There wouldn't happen to be a downloadable version online, would there?

Old 10-13-2003, 11:11 AM   #18
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Several thoughts...

... cheating, bsftcs? Moi? never... Exploiting, perhaps, but not cheating.

... Does the theft rule hold if you have more than one moneybag, Radek? Seems to me that if you split your gold up, only one would get plucked.

... And Lord, have you checked for a manual on your CD? Seems to me it's included... or perhaps I'm remembering a different game [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 11:33 AM   #19
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:

a) The few traders in the wilderness can offer you nothing. You need not money there.
I do believe there is something to gain from trade in the Wilderness - especially for low level parties.

1) Algamesh's necklace can be purchased from Kerielle after one has given it to her. 2) Jathil carries an ankh which could be valuable. 3) Both Torin's, Jathil's, and Talrik's inventories have a tendency to get filled and can be emptied by purchasing. 4) the mermaids of collasium carry spellbooks (although that is not the Wilderness), and so forth. Especially to low level parties purchasing might be of value. If one does not have a character with the sufficient pickpocketing skills - or if one wants to be "good" - purchasing is a valid alternative.

[ 10-13-2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 10-13-2003, 12:02 PM   #20
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Several thoughts...

... cheating, bsftcs? Moi? never... Exploiting, perhaps, but not cheating.

... Does the theft rule hold if you have more than one moneybag, Radek? Seems to me that if you split your gold up, only one would get plucked.

... And Lord, have you checked for a manual on your CD? Seems to me it's included... or perhaps I'm remembering a different game [img]smile.gif[/img]
I couldn't find it on either CD. You wouldn't be able to specify where it is on the CD (or which CD), would you?