Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-30-2001, 12:33 AM   #1
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Since someone thought everyone who posted in chala the troll's thread was being immature for having gripes and/or wishes for game improvements. I decided to start this thread.

1) No I am not from Bioware or Interplay or even *GASP* IONSTORM Im just a avid gamer like the rest of you.

2) No your ideas and thoughts will probably never ever be used in a future game.

3) But its fun to dream, so if you have an idea for a new spell, monster, item, or game improvement post them here. Maybe someone from on high will see them and say "Hey what a cool idea, lets try that!"

[This message has been edited by Wurm (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 02:34 AM   #2
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

well I still am interested in the Mind Scan lvl 7 priest spell (mind-reading w/30% chance of failure & subsequent fight breaking out due to invasion of private thoughts)

My favorite parasite has always been the leech [no really] - I'd like to see a mass leech attack upon the PC.

This is kind of nasty (but backstabbing is nasty already) - perhaps an evil thief can use a garrote; sort of a variation on the backstab... downside is it takes 2-3 rounds to strangle, during which time you cannot let go and use other weapons lest the victim escape; plusside is you can be dragging the victim away to flee from nearby enemies who've noticed you coming out of stealth mode...

(BTW yeh I'm sort of a newbie & I may have dumb ideas at times and I prob. wouldn't spot a fake poster esp. @ 3:30 AM when my brain is all curdled and such but (a) I just like to throw out initial ideas without thinking too much and edit them later and (b) I'll get the hang of it as I get more XP around here an' probably more caffeine ...)

[Townshend +4; 'This two-handed hatchet is cleverly disguised as a lute, but can cause massive damage when grasped by the neck and swung overhead.'
Damage: 2d8 + 4, w/1 round of deafness from feedback, 15' radius
Proficiency Type: Axe
Special Abilities: Berserk for 3 rounds, once per concert
Usable by: Bards]

OK now I really need to get some sleep
Old 10-30-2001, 03:28 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

*rubs his hands with glee*

Mass Lower Resistance

Level 6 spell
Casting time: 5
Lowers enemy Magic Resistance by 10% + 1% for every two spellcaster level.
Affects all enemies in a 30' radius.

Greater Lower Resistance

Level 8 spell
Casting time: 5
Lowers target's Magic Resistance by 100%

Improved Breach

Level 10 spell
Casting time: 1 round
Removes every single magical protection from the target without exception. Only Spell Shield can block it the first time round.

Enhanced Death Spell

Level 8 spell
Casting time: 6
Kills all summons and creatures with 12 hit dice or less without exception within a 30' radius. This does not affect party members.

Bloodlust( for Barbarians)

Barbarians can call upon Bloodlust once a day for every four levels.

Duration: 1 turn + 1 round per caster level
AC penalty -4
THACO bonus +4
Damage bonus +8
Number of attacks set to 5 per round
Immediate loss of 15 Hp
Immune to Confusion, Charm, Stun, Maze and Imprisonment.

Well, that is all I can think of now.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,
Old 10-30-2001, 04:19 AM   #4
tehmpus
The Magister

I'd like for them to incorportate some sort of "ironman" option to the game which would somehow limit game saves, allow only one starting character, and not allow re-rolling of stats. I realize that most people don't have the patience, or the will to accept such a challenge, but I think it would be neat to be offered as an option.

Secondly, I'd like for them to work on incorporating more D&D spells and rules into the game system. Programmers get lazy. I know... I studied computer science... so I realize that many D&D spells would be difficult to implement in this sort of gaming environment. Instead the programmers prolly decided to throw in a few of their own homemade spells to make work a little easier for themselves. Any new version of the game should include more actual D&D spells.
3rd Lvl spell (Fly)
2nd Lvl spell (Levitate)
1st Lvl spell (Comprehend Languages)
These are just a few examples.
Plus, the game system doesn't adjust for damage adjustments depending on creature size. In D&D each weapon does 2 different damages. One is versus Small/Medium monsters. One is for the Large/Titan monsters. Two handed sword is an excellant example. In BGII, you'll notice that it always does 1d10 points of damage. In reality, it should do 3D6 when you fight the big monsters.

Horses would be a great add-on as well.

In short BGII is very entertaining, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-30-2001, 04:26 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I want to dual an Assasin to a ranger!(a ranger with poisoned weapons and traps!)

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-30-2001, 04:56 AM   #6
ReGiN

Well, it looks like some good has come from Chala

------------------
ReGiN: PROUD MEMBER OF KELDORN'S ORDER!

Old 10-30-2001, 05:34 AM   #7
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

more forgotten realms characters and sub quests that involve them.
from dnd speed- for example 30". if a monster is 30" away u can reach them in one turn. Tracking would be awesome for rangers. and the ability to creep along walls and hide behind rocks

------------------
Nor shadow or myst
the jester is a myth
he is absolute
beware the jester
Old 10-30-2001, 06:03 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Archon Devangilous:
more forgotten realms characters and sub quests that involve them.
from dnd speed- for example 30". if a monster is 30" away u can reach them in one turn. Tracking would be awesome for rangers. and the ability to creep along walls and hide behind rocks

Rangers get tracking in Tob.