Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2000, 11:57 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well I am planning to use my own picture AND my own sound set on a character!!
Also while playing BG1 my boyfriend, who plays in a band, used his "PR photo" for his character
Old 12-23-2000, 01:34 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Sure Moiraine. I could send an MP3 I suppose.

How can I provide a link to my email address guys? I don't really want to put it up for all and sundry, but if there's no other way I guess I will.
Old 12-23-2000, 01:44 PM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Aww... the sweet smell of romance fills the air. The arome of sweet flowers and the sweet perfume arouses the senses... and then, Bahamut gets his picture...

The romance is perfect, and I don't want to ruin it by looking at my pic and say, "I want this for my portrait!"

Bullshit
Old 12-23-2000, 06:24 PM   #14
Suul-Yinn

Yorick, since Moiraine is a husband and wife pseudonym, in that they both use it, I hope you like threesomes

Old 12-23-2000, 08:28 PM   #15
Holy Mage Wah

I use my own photo once as a little experiement on what it'll be like. And the effects wre really weird I tell you.

First of all I am 16 and I don't have a goatee beard or a fuzzy moustache for that matter. Yes I was playing with a mage, and secondly I do comb my hair and keep it neat - unlike the mage who never heard of a comb.

Lastly I didn't like seeing myself getting sliced by swords or blasted by magic - so I quit it. Think about it really, all of us only have about 10hp if we were in the game. Who on earth can survive beng sliced by a two handed sword or smacked on the head with a mace??

Old 12-23-2000, 10:07 PM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

EH? Suul-Yinn? I know that! Married with child. I hope you're jokin' there son. Anyway I'm detangling myself from a bitter marriage breakup so that's the last thing on my mind.
I would like to send them some music though. chanteur@bigpond.com if you'd like a sample Moiraine.
Old 12-26-2000, 01:14 PM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

I HEARD THAT !!!
(With a little delay since I am currently in a cyber-cafe away from home)

You guys are funny ! No one of you noticing that a romance might get a little difficult to setup with all the miles between Australia and France ...

And one of the fun about talking to people in a Forum is that you can imagine them the way you want. I have a pretty good image in my head of each of you guys, and who can tell if it looks like the real one ?

And, no, no, no, no, I do not share my pseudonym. What a weird idea.

Besides, yeah, I love music, I play music too, if in a more classical way, and not as well as you Yorick. I have played the violin when I was a child, and now, I am learning to play the piano with my child, for two years. We have the best teacher ever. He is from Brazil, he speaks Spanish, English, French, Deutsch, and maybe more languages, he gives us pieces from all over the world. Funny, how the more open people seem to be the ones who come for more than one country. Bad for me, though, I come only from France ...

And yes, Yorick, I just can't wait to get some music from you, but not just now, because I am away from home and can't access my mailbox.

Got to go, have fun, see you.
Old 12-30-2000, 10:09 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Moiraine, I just read your post and had a good laugh. I read your reply to the Happy new year thread and thought 'oh oh she's read Suul-Yinns post...'
Glad to know you don't share your Pseudo.
I have utmost respect for Violinists. I love recording/arranging them, so I'll make sure I send you a song of mine with strings. VERY difficult instrument to master (Lots of bowing and scraping) But what a sound!

So here' a joke for you Moiraine.
What's the definition of a string quartet?
A good Violinist
A bad Violinist
An ex Violinist
and someone who hates Violinists
all getting together to complain about COMPOSERS.

And how do you make a Violin sound like a Viola?
Get the Violinist to stand up the back and not play anything!
(Alas poor Violists)