Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-27-2002, 06:06 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I just noticed that there seems to be a bit of confusion over the relative status of the moderators of each forum here at Ironworks - do moderators of one forum have policy authority at another forum where their name is not officially listed (eg Cloudy at GD, Mouse at BG2 etc).

The short answer to this is YES. Ironworks moderators are Ironworks moderators, no matter what forum they are on. Just because they don't have admin authority to lock down threads doesn't mean that they don't speak with Ironworks authority when they have their "mod hats" on. Please respect their wishes as it is their job to make sure that the forum runs smoothly.

If you have a problem with something a moderator does (and nobody's perfect), please communicate this to the moderator or the moderator team tactfully, in private (via email or PM). Our moderators are all very reasonable people and will be more than happy to listen to your comments if you phrase them in a polite way. I always reply to any PM or email sent to me and I'm certain that all the others do as well.

Respect for authority (meaning ALL moderators) is something that is taken VERY seriously here, and this is not negotiable. Don't like it, don't want to abide by it, the door's that way - don't let it hit you on the way out.

Let me just quote our ToS:

Quote:

About the Moderators: They are kind folks who volunteer their free time to help me maintain this forum and keep it clean of abuse. Note the emphasis on "volunteer" and "free time." Forum moderating is always hard work, and it's impossible to please everyone given the cultural and social diversity of this forum. Do not question the decisions they may make--not Publicly at least. This will get your account suspended quickly. Each of our great Moderators are EXTREMELY non-biased and treat everyone fairly.

In order to maintain the civil atmosphere and keep things reasonably organized, Moderators may move, lock or delete threads that do not belong in these forums or break the Ironworks Rules. Remember, this is not a democracy. This is a semi-benevolent dictatorship.
Everyone's cooperation is appreciated on this - I don't think it's an unreasonable request. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2002, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 05-27-2002, 06:35 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ofcourse it isn`t an unreasonable request. [img]smile.gif[/img]
We`re here to have fun, but if there was total anarchy here and not even the mods had any control over what went on, well I know that I, for one, would leave immediately. But we have VERY reasonable rules, along with an excellant admin who appoints excellant mods. That`s what make`s ironworks the happy place it is. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 07:09 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Heres to the semi-benevolent dictators [img]smile.gif[/img] can I have some of them thar french-fried taters???

Peace love and all that other good stuff Memnoch [img]smile.gif[/img] may IW remain Putz free [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 07:18 AM   #4
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

THE GENIE HAS SPOKEN!

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
May IW remain Putz free [img]smile.gif[/img]
Then what are you still doing here? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 12:33 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Nice post, Mario. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 12:51 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Nice one Genieboy
It's sad that some people seemingly cannot respect the authority that the mods (all of them) have. Ziroc chose them because he obviously trusts them to do their job well.

Still doesn't mean they can go act all aloof and not dance nekkid with the disrobed dancing division though [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 01:22 PM   #7
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Ironworks moderators are Ironworks moderators, no matter what forum they are on. Just because they don't have admin authority to lock down threads doesn't mean that they don't speak with Ironworks authority when they have their "mod hats" on. Please respect their wishes as it is their job to make sure that the forum runs smoothly.

yeah, and the next thing i know, Cloudbringer will ask, no, command me to lick her boots
Old 05-27-2002, 01:25 PM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hear hear. Good idea clearing that out, Memnoch. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 01:29 PM   #9
Legolas
Jack Burton

And you have a problem with that uss?
I wouldn't worry too much about that happening; she's got Nachtrafe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good post Memnoch [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 02:07 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, thank you, Memnoch. It's sad when one has to remind people of such a thing, but there it is. Personally, I think everyone should accord everyone ELSE the same respect as well.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."