Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-23-2002, 08:08 PM   #41
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Humm... it seem some of you didn't get the message quite right.

It is not important if you like a moderator or not. You MUST respect him. Even if you disagree with him.

If you feel that a moderator was unjust to you, then email Ziroc. But you need to obey every moderators.

You must respect ALL moderators, even if you think some are mean to you.

We don't want to hear anyone else saying things like "I only respect a moderator that..."
Now thatīs loud and clear Luvian. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] We should respect every member on IW though they might disagree with your opinion. It is not our right to judge. Respect, thatīs what itīs all about. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: How about copying Zirocīs post into this thread as well? Into Memnochīs original post that is. That way you canīt miss the message. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-23-2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 11-23-2002, 08:10 PM   #42
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img] yes master

if there were difficulties, I'll go to my mommy mod and daddy mod. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

yes we respect ALL mods but hopefully we don't hear the gnashing of the teeth in frustration
Old 11-23-2002, 08:13 PM   #43
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Well, Mouse, PM'ing a mod WOULD be the "By The Book" solution. But I remember a while ago when Lavindathar had a thread of his deleted without explanation, appanrently his PM's/emails were ignored.
I don't have to explain myself for every post or thread I remove. KNOW that if I deleted it, it was either based on a rule violation or it was one-liner spam.

You seem very confrontational right now... why is this? If you have a problem with me or a Mod, spit it out Neb.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-23-2002, 08:18 PM   #44
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, I was talking about the moderators in particular in this case because of what happened not long ago, but this is true for every members.

This forum is based around Respect. Sure, you can disagree with someone. but you can still respect him. The best discussion are when everyone respect everyone else's opinion.

Remember, we are not here to beat anyone else, or to "win" a discussion. We are here to share. Share your opinions and feelings with people, but don't try to force them to accept your views. Unless they are standing exactly where you are standing, they won't have the same views as you.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:18 PM   #45
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Respect Mods becoz their mods?

I acknowledge them yes, respect is earned, at the moment I respect the mods because of who they are and their attitude, not because their mods. Am I wrong to think this? I'm not trying to troll or flame or anything like that, you understand. You Americans almost seem to have a different meaning of the word "respect" from the way we use it over here; not so much the pyschial word, but the mental part of it. Anyone else see this? Like I said, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, and if I am, I appologise. I'm just curious to the differences here. I know this is a sensitive issue, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:22 PM   #46
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:

Remember, we are not here to beat anyone else, or to "win" a discussion. We are here to share. Share your opinions and feelings with people, but don't try to force them to accept your views. Unless they are standing exactly where you are standing, they won't have the same views as you.
interesting
yes I've visited the large family house where the rule "whoever yell the loudest, wins!" and that's not always true. it's a no-win situation and the losers (the guests) wind up leaving the house to get away from the noise.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:23 PM   #47
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Yes, I was talking about the moderators in particular in this case because of what happened not long ago, but this is true for every members.

This forum is based around Respect. Sure, you can disagree with someone. but you can still respect him. The best discussion are when everyone respect everyone else's opinion.

Luvain you are a poet! My sentiments exactly. I could almost hug you if you werenīt from the province of Quebec that is [img]smile.gif[/img] . Excellent words! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

And CWP I donīt think thatīs the issue (respecting mosd beacaues they are mods). No, you have to respect their decisions. Newbies as well as regulars.

[ 11-23-2002, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 11-23-2002, 08:26 PM   #48
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I don't have to explain myself for every post or thread I remove. KNOW that if I deleted it, it was either based on a rule violation or it was one-liner spam.

You seem very confrontational right now... why is this? If you have a problem with me or a Mod, spit it out Neb.
Earlier today I emailed Memnoch a medium-length list of every problem I have with the authorities of the IronWorks forums. Ask him about it. I'm sure that he'd be happy to forward it to you as I cannot be bothered to rewrite it all to send it to you and I forgot to save it.

And as for you not "explaining yourself", I have some things to say about that. If I make a thread, and it's deleted, then I want to know why it's deleted so I have an idea of what not to do again, for one thing, because quite often when people break rules it might be because they don't know about them. Or know that they could be violated in quite that way. Besides that it's just plain polite to tell people instead of just wiping out their thread/post.

I'd also like to mention the bit of "holiness" in the "Know that if I did it, it was right." part. That's one thing that I forgot in my List of Grievances which I mailed to Memnoch. Because pretended "holiness" is one of the things in the universe which piss me off to the greatest imaginable extent.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:28 PM   #49
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Respect Mods becoz their mods?

I acknowledge them yes, respect is earned, at the moment I respect the mods because of who they are and their attitude, not because their mods. Am I wrong to think this? I'm not trying to troll or flame or anything like that, you understand. You Americans almost seem to have a different meaning of the word "respect" from the way we use it over here; not so much the pyschial word, but the mental part of it. Anyone else see this? Like I said, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, and if I am, I appologise. I'm just curious to the differences here. I know this is a sensitive issue, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Well... I am not american, so I can't argue about the semantic of the word in that particular case, but I can tell you this:

Moderators are internet cops. Sure, you can disagree with a cop. But if one tell you to do something, you better listen to him if you don't want to get in trouble.

If you are driving on a road, and a cop start chasing you, but you think you did nothing wrong, do you stop, or try to escape him? There is only one thing to do. Stop. Now, if you think the cop was wrong, you can go to a higher autority and argue your case. But AFTER the event.

You might think you did nothing wrong, but you still need to obey the cop.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:28 PM   #50
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

[quote]Originally posted by WillowIX:
Quote:
[qb]And CWP I donīt think thatīs the issue (respecting mosd beacaues they are mods). No, you have to respect their decisions. Newbies as well as regulars.
Define the meaning of the word "respect" no, I'm being serious, just what do you others take as the meaning of the word "respect". Is it mutal respect? Respect others and in turn be respected yourself? Or is it respect them because you should. Becoz their mods. Like I said, I'm not trying to be digotry, (typo) I'm just curious.

*edi* incidently, I'm not talking about "respecting their decions" I'm talking about respecting them as members, or ppl.

[ 11-23-2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]