Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

Was their ever a moment when you got so frustrated at a certain part in the game? So pissed off that you throw your controller in anger? If so tell us your story!

Whenever, I play an RPG and fighting against a boss. It takes me fifteen minutes in real life but in game time it seems like an eternity to take down the fierce nemesis. The boss falls and all my characters have too low HP to do a victory dance. Suddenly the monster unleashes a final attack that does damage to every member of my party. !whatthefudge! My party are instantly KO'D and the GAME OVER comes up. My vision turns into a red haze and my controller leaps from my hands and collides against the wall. After pouring all my sweat and blood, he pulls a gimmick like that. Cheap tricks like that really gets me under the skin.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Similar, but when something I really should've seen coming gets me right before victory, that really kills me. Or when I forget to quicksave.

In RTS games I find sometimes I get so absorbed in an attack on my opponent I forget about my base. Then I get a "You Lose" type message, and then fling something (wireless mice are not always the greatest ideas in the world.)
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:18 AM   #3
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

a recent example of flinging on my part was headphone flinging. i was up to the final battle in quest for glory 5. it seemed i could only end the battle in 2 ways - dying or the game crashing.
after many retries i'd had enough and flung the headphones aside in disgust and frustration. several more tries the following day and it eventually let me finish it.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

While playing some online pvp in WoW, I once slammed my mouse so hard on the desk as I was killed by someone who was surely "using hacks". The mouseball inside popped out and flew out the window :-/.