Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-11-2000, 07:42 AM   #1
Krille

I hate does mini beholder!!! is there someway you can kill them easely???

Old 11-11-2000, 07:57 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

There is a sure fire way to kill beholders with a certain magic item but I'm guessing you don't have it yet.
Hmm. So what can you do. Best thing to do is probably have a couple of fighters with Chaotic Commands cast on them to avoid being panicked or dominated. Summonings are useful as cannon fodder to distract the beholder. Helps to haste your fighter/s as well because the eye tyrant will probably slow you, that's one of the eye abilities. Try not to face more than one at a time

Failing that, have a mage with invisibility or shadow door cast and then have them cast cloudkill on it, then get out of visual range quick because some elder orbs can cast true sight.
Old 11-11-2000, 08:40 AM   #3
Jehiva Headsmasher

hehe, the robe that reflects magic. Gained off of a fish person in the underwater city.

Old 11-11-2000, 02:52 PM   #4
Overton

three words for you...

shield of baulduran (spelling)

Use it only when fighting Beholders and their ilk...it lowers your strength, so i would not recomend it for any fight other than beholders, but beholders are numerous enough to justify the expense for it.

1 good fighter equipped with the shield (Korgan in my game) can take on a whole hive of gauths (the minis)and elder orbs with hardly a scratch...you just have to be careful of the imprisonment spells

Old 11-11-2000, 02:59 PM   #5
BlackSheep

Hehe, I used 3 mages (a swashbuckler/mage + imoen + aerie) with globe of invulnerablity, and fired some ice storms, fire balls. They died like fleas.

Old 11-11-2000, 09:05 PM   #6
Armisael

Eh... you can count on one hand how many beholders you need to face before getting to the underdark, and by then you'd have the cloak of mirroring. Just put it on and stand, hands on hips, while the beholders/gauths/elder orbs kill themselves. Watch out that the elder orbs don't maze you, though. You can just do the Unseeing Eye quest after getting out of the Underdark if you're having trouble with the beholders there.