Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well I finally dug up my copy of this great gem... and decided to try something new, and made a mage (Which I have never done before... and it is damn hard but great fun [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Anyway I'm doing fairly good, and about to take Minsc to the Gnoll Stronghold. But there is one thing I never figured out and want to try, there is a thief in High Hedge that suggest that I rob the Mage stronghold... but how?
I remember when I first played the game I tried but was pasted around the floor in all my tries so I gave up. Has anyone managed? [img]smile.gif[/img]

please spoil me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Well, you can't. You can kill anyone, but then Thalantyr's (is that his name?) inventory is gone and you only have access to the staff he drops. When you do visit the inside of high-hedge go straight to the mage dude and talk to him or IIRC his flesh golems attack you on sight. Anyways don't kill the mage his inventory has some awsome items you can't get otherwise.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:27 PM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Simply kill the 2 flesh golems in there to access Thalantyr's goodies. You can fight them 1 at a time (don't bother with magic) by pulling just one of them away. It's a good idea to have a tank fight him while someone with a ranged weapon shoots from farther away. BTW...don't kill Thalantyr if you want to buy his stuff.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Actually, I killed both flesh golems with Imoen alone. Granted she had the dagger of venom, boots of stealth, and that shadow leather armor. Can anyone say backstabbing machine?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:49 AM   #5
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Yeah...the only way to steal from Thalantyr is to get those bundles of ten throwing knives from the skeletons outside and then sell them one at a time to Thalantyr, then buy thme back in bundles and sell them back to him one at a time...lol

I only did that for about thirty minutes that one time...

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:22 AM   #6
mad=dog

I kill the golems as Imoens first kills using the dagger +1 and oils of speed combined with nifty hit-and-run-and-hide tactics. There's a couple of easy levels for you.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:11 PM   #7
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

You don't really even need to kill the flesh golems. They will stay blue for long enough for you to walk your character up to Thalantyr and talk to him. If you choose the right dialog options you can access his "shop" and obtain some very useful items as mentioned above. I suppose you could always kill the flesh golems for the XP and then talk to Thalantyr, but I just leave them alone and all they do is run around in circles...
Old 07-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Neomi:
You don't really even need to kill the flesh golems. They will stay blue for long enough for you to walk your character up to Thalantyr and talk to him. If you choose the right dialog options you can access his "shop" and obtain some very useful items as mentioned above. I suppose you could always kill the flesh golems for the XP and then talk to Thalantyr, but I just leave them alone and all they do is run around in circles...
Yes...but they're worth 2000 XP each, so it's worth killing them

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:42 PM   #9
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

unless of course you are roleplaying.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:12 PM   #10
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

If you want to kill flesh golems for the XP and you don't mind a small "exploit", there is a cave at the NW corner of one of the coastline maps, where you can find some nice loot and kill 3 flesh golems. Then, every time you sleep inside the cave, a flesh golem will spawn. You can do this ad nauseum (or at least as long as your HP will tolerate it) and level up quite nicely...

...if, as I said, you are willing to make use of an "exploit." I will leave the judgement of whether this is "powergaming" to others.