Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-08-2001, 08:49 PM   #1
Rikard

After cafeful watching of myself
(YES I AM BORED AAAAAAAARG)
i found out that i type why my middle fingers except on the letters q,a,z and on right shift And backspace where i use my Ringfinger

interesting isn;t it?
I know of no-one who types like me
so how do you weirdo's type?

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-08-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I only type with four fingers, the two fingers nearest my thumb on bothe hands.... with my thumb for space....

You REALLY are bored arent you?

------------------
Old 09-08-2001, 08:52 PM   #3
Blade
Emerald Dragon

You must be bored if you are asking a question like this. I mainly type with my middle finger and ring finger. But i have an oragomic keybord (its split in the middle) it is forcing me to learn to type corectly.

------------------

Many blades cut wether they are made from mettle or wood, but the sharpest and deadlyist blade it the one of knowledge.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:58 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

SSS, LOL Rikard, you are known as a "hunt and peck" typer!
I type like you are taught in school, with my four fingers of each hand on certain keys. Right four fingers are on J, K, L, ;, Left four fingers on F, D, S, A, and both thumbs for space bar, Y and U with right forefinger, I with middle right finger, O with right third finger, P with right pinky finger, T and R with left forefinger, E with middle left finger, W with left third finger, Q with left pinky. All other keys, like number keys and Shift, Enter, Control, are all random.

Man, you think YOU are bored!

------------------
Old 09-08-2001, 09:12 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

maaan Rikard, just be glad you're not me... i hafta stay downstairs while my mom, dad, and grandma talk! wont let me go back up...

but neways, i type much like LadyZekke, except when im holding something. then i type with one hand. also i keep my wrists level as much as i can, but i cant remember if tahts bad or good...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-08-2001, 09:13 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I took a typing class in College, and the job I have now, requires me to be fast on the keys. I can probably type 50-60 words a minute, using the correct finger on the corrent key.
This is not to brag...I still have to look at the keys as I type 50% of the time, unlike a real typist...

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 09:35 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Learned basic typing in High School. So I 'touch type', everything but the numbers! LOL Never did get those!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-08-2001, 09:39 PM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

depending....I'm just a normal typer... (thumbs on spacebar, numbers, little finger on a,q,z and all that)

BUT... when it comes to chatrooms, programs or speed-posting: I had to use one hand on the keyboard with my left hand and the other on the mouse

------------------

get away from my homepage

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 09:44 PM   #9
G'kar

In 10th grade, I skipped every day of typing class (after day one that is). I kinda peck at the keyboard, until my thoughts manifest in away that seem ok to me. I consider myself a "freestyle" typists. My girlfriend says that I keep getting faster at it, but I can't tell.

Old 09-08-2001, 09:49 PM   #10
Conan

Well, generally with one finger but as for style and taste, thats going to take awhile more for me!
Heres an example.
.................................................. ......................
If you need to learn one finger typing look under here.

Spoiler
. Take your index finger(right or left) and press the keys with a smooth looking like you know what your doing press.
End

------------------
*\Conan/*

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 09-08-2001).]