Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-11-2000, 03:06 PM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ah, it's up! As of right now, it only has my stories, but I hope that to soon change. I am hoping to make this an on-line repository for stories, poetry, and exciting tales from the Wizards and Warriors Universe! Renew your faith in seeking the Mavin when you hear the courageous tales of your friends!

Wyvern, Scronan, Eldurin, Starinth, Lily, Gaijin, Vincewind et. al, who contributed to my thread.. Please check out the link and submit via the site anything you would like to see posted. There are just a couple of submission guidelines to make everything as smooth as possible! I would be honored to include your works on my site.

Note that this is open to EVERYONE! Please contribute, even if you just have a brief funny story, or even a joke for the rest of us to enjoy! No submission too big! No submission too small!

The site's location:

http://www.seastop.com/ww.htm

If you wish to contribute, I would also be pleased if you took the time to sign the guestbook, so that I might see how many travelers have sought a temporary reprieve from evil with a bard-spun tale

http://www.seastop.com/gbook.htm

Hope to see you all there!
Old 11-11-2000, 03:18 PM   #2
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Oh, just wanted to mention; if you include a picture for submission (I hope you do!) , please try to keep it fairly small; perhaps 200 x 200 or smaller, jpeg format preferred. (My picture is about 100x100.) This will insure quick-loading of the page for those of us who are bandwith-impaired! (Such as myself.) Note that the picture does not have to be of "you"; just something you associate with yourself, a fantasy picture, whatever you like! Do try and keep it tasteful, though
Old 11-11-2000, 05:02 PM   #3
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Oh, though I hate to keep replying to my own thread, if you want any "profile" information.. please include that as well. I will be glad to post that as well, if you desire; name, ,location, occupation, etc. Note that this is PURELY optional.. if you wish to remain anonymous, so be it! Otherwise, readers shall be able to learn a little bit about you if they enjoy your tales. Please include whether or not you wish your email to remain anonymous........
Old 11-11-2000, 05:56 PM   #4
Lily the Ranger

Don't you have anything to do besides dreaming up ways to take up my game time. I am hopelessly addicted to this opportinity in wanton creativity. Beware the karma.

Old 11-11-2000, 06:11 PM   #5
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

aH , This karma effuses its guilt, in my day off. Be it known that I seek to hear of your missions, your sojourns... waiting, watching, wondering, my little web site
Old 11-11-2000, 06:29 PM   #6
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Perhaps, a sad dilineator of the admissions of the site. But still, I expect SOME of you to contribute.. soon your names and faces shall be there, rendered inviolate amongst the plaques

Join!
Old 11-11-2000, 06:40 PM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hail!

I think this is really groovy, and I'd like to finish my silly tales and do more. I used to belong to an online fantsy writing guild of sorts, but I had to leave due to politics and some weird people I met.

So, my pen is itching for more....I'll surely check out your site and would like to contribute more.

Great idea Sigmund!

Scronan
Old 11-11-2000, 09:21 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Excellent!!!

Nice picture of you too!!
Haven't tried to post yet but will attempt to familiarize myself with the method without bringing your server to its knees! (it's = it is, its = belonging to it) It's hoped that I didn't get that wrong! Its shadow was very dark! Itsy = something to do with spiders.

Wyv
Old 11-11-2000, 11:51 PM   #9
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Thanks, everyone! I like the moustache, especially

Well, I've received a couple of emails so far with requests for posting, so please keep sending in those letters! Even if you've already posted in my big "Come, friends, and share..." thread, please email me just to let me know it's okay to use your stuff on the story archive site. While I'm not much into "legalese", I'd hate to make any enemies on the board by posting stuff on my site without permission. Of course, none of this will be sold, blah blah blah, and if you wish to remain completely anonymous, that is fine too.

There will, however, be a separate "profile" section of the site, so that any of you wishing to learn more about your fellow authors may do so. Of course, if you just wish to read the stories and don't give a hoot who wrote what, that's fine also. I imagine we might see a nice diversity amongst our writing friends!

Remember, the site is:

www.seastop.com/ww.htm

If you want to skip everything, and just send me the story, you may do so directly at:
starfish@seastop.com

Please, though, observe the very simple guidelines at:
www.seastop.com/wwcont.htm

Follow the "please do" link to submit your stuff.. it goes to a page with simple guidelines, and a "mailto" link.. I would make it an open form submit, but this way, it will give me an opportunity to check out the stories and get them organized into a cohesive framework. If you're unsure of what I'm looking for, just take a look at the short story segments posted by yours truly there, Freudianslip!

Please note, also, that I'm not going to "smack you down" if you submit tomething with a lot of errors; I am by no means a flawless writer; however, I do appreciate the use of a spell/grammar check to eliminate obvious mistakes. At the worst, you might get an email from me asking you to check over a few things in your story, to clarify your points for other readers. (I'm not speaking thematically here, merely dealing with grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.) This will ensure enjoyment for everyone!

Thanks again, and I hope to start seeing some more letters! Even if you just write "Yo Freud, feel free to use my stuff I posed in W&W on my site" that's fine with me! However, it would be great to send me a picture also, so that I can keep the format intact.

Who knows, if it goes well, I might even start putting up a few "polls" on the site.. favorite monster, favorite spell college, favorite story, etc.
Old 11-12-2000, 02:06 AM   #10
Gaijin

Nice work!

Sure, count me in. I'll rewrite and proof (Part One) of my Serpent Temple story and hit you with an email by tomorrow.