Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-29-2001, 02:27 AM   #1
hrizonstickup
Dungeon Master

just a couple of quick questions on some basics....ive always used Viconia in my party and left out Jaheria but then i heard about Jaheira's big harper quest and i want to play through that, i had jaheria when i dropped the poisen man off at the harper hold and got rid of her soon after that to run Anomen's knight quest and plan to drop him right after that...if i bring Jaheira back in then will the harper quest still kick in?? or do i have to do something to trigger it?? any help would be appreciated..........also, i've only had Shadows of Amn for like a month and plan to do TOB too, but sjould i wait untill im finished with AMN to get/install it or go ahead and do it now to access the extras...does it make a major difference in AMN if you have TOB installed??? so those are my Q's thanks for any A's
Old 08-29-2001, 04:20 AM   #2
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

I'm not sure about the Harper quest questions, but I would encourage you to purchase and install Throne of Bhaal as soon as you can. Not only does it remove several nasty bugs present in Shadows of Amn, it also removes the 2.95mil exp cap and pops it right up to 8mil. This is great for the later stages of the game, where it's entirely possible to have hit 2.95mil already.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-29-2001, 05:58 AM   #3
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I think kicking her out will stop the harper plot. It's part of the romance and she probably doesn't appreciate being kicked to the curb for some stupid old arrogant cleric. Use shadowkeeper to check the romance variable. If it's a 1 then everythings sweet and the romance will carry on, if it's a 3 then you've driven her away and you can't see the rest of the plot. It is worth doing by the way. I'm doing things opposite to you. In my other games I've always romanced jahiera but this time I'm going with Viconia.

------------------
visit www.zipworld.com.au/~wsgs
Old 08-29-2001, 08:30 AM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

TOB adds one more dungeon that you can access at any time, but my advice is to get TOB now and install it while you're still on SOA. That way you won't feel like there's any interruption anywhere.

Old 08-29-2001, 01:09 PM   #5
hrizonstickup
Dungeon Master

thanks for the tips, but........how does one use shadow keeper to check the romance? im assuming its something i have to download, or no? sknahT
Old 08-29-2001, 04:43 PM   #6
deathknight
Drow Warrior

I have also noticed at the end of the SoA you get a nice little bonus something before the final fight (trying not to spoil too bad). If you install ToB afterwards and then load the final save you don't get that bonus because the save occurs right AFTER you get that bonus something. Its not a huge deal because you can just reply the final fight.

As for the romance thing I can't say for certain it would not cause issues but I had a romance with aerie last game I played and I musta kicked her out of the party like 15 times (I had dual classed my main and for quicker xp I booted the whole party out to learn scrolls when I found a bunch then brought them all back in)
Old 08-29-2001, 06:51 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
You don't need a romance with Jaheira to do some of the harper quest, but if you've kicked her out already I don't think you can start a romance with her again . To do some of the harper quest just get Jaheira again and do Xzar's quest.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:24 PM   #8
oldbittercraig
Elminster

deathknight, spoil me. What do you get? I've played through the final battle several times only to freeze shortly after the "victory party" when the lady elf says "i bet you'd like to get back to adventuring" and continues to prattle on and on.

I've redone the fight several times only to freeze again at the exact same spot.

I actually had to import my quicksave right before placing the final tear... I had to use shadowkeeper just to get that which was rightfully mine from the fifth tear.

Total bummer.

So spoil me, please.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:59 AM   #9
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by oldbittercraig:
deathknight, spoil me. What do you get? I've played through the final battle several times only to freeze shortly after the "victory party" when the lady elf says "i bet you'd like to get back to adventuring" and continues to prattle on and on.

I've redone the fight several times only to freeze again at the exact same spot.

I actually had to import my quicksave right before placing the final tear... I had to use shadowkeeper just to get that which was rightfully mine from the fifth tear.

Total bummer.

So spoil me, please.

I think he is referring to the tears and the bonuses you get when you use them to unlock the door.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:17 AM   #10
hrizonstickup
Dungeon Master

are you saying i get "nice bonous something" if I DO or DONT have throne of bhaal installed before the last battle