Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-02-2001, 12:23 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

So... you want to be a Sorcerer eh? First of all, a disclaimer. A Sorcerer is not the end all, be all of all the classes that you can play. Some people prefer slashing their way to victory, only be a Sorcerer if you truly enjoy using magic.

Remember that a Sorcerer can only have 4-5 spells per spell level, so even before you go into character creation, prepare a personal spell list. This spell list will allow you to know in advance what spells you are going to use, and also assure you that you will not mess up and eventually end up with useless spells, or worse, miss out on vital spells.

No two Sorcerers are ever the same. What spells Sorcerer A may like, Sorcerer B may dislike. If you prefer another spell, go ahead and use it. You are after all, your own man/woman. Sorcerers may compare spell lists for debate, but there is no universal spell list.

Party Sorcerers are different from Solo Sorcerers.

That is all I can think of now, fellow Sorcerers, feel free to add your own tips now.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 12:37 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I would like to ask you then Dundee, what of the sorcerer spell lists you have linked to in you Sig??
If there is no Universal Spell list and every sorcerer is different, y do you make these spell lists?? You have contradicted yourself here Dundee Slaytern.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 12:41 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Like I have said, Sorcerers can compare their spell lists. I never claimed that my spell lists are the only correct ones. There has been no contradiction, I am only sharing what my spell list is.
Old 12-02-2001, 12:44 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

how the hell can you be a solo sorcerer? that's nuts!!! plain nuts!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 12:55 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
how the hell can you be a solo sorcerer? that's nuts!!! plain nuts!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am a Sorcerer, and nutty as can be.
For I am soloing and having fun.
That's right, no party and just me!
The whole world versus one!

Old 12-02-2001, 01:20 AM   #6
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Soloing a sorcerer is a lot of fun, but too easy so I had to bump up the difficulty level to Insane. I'm very thankful that Dundee Slaytern and others have made lists of spells that are good guidelines for a sorcerer. There is just no turning back once you have your spells chosen and I want to make sure that I'm not stuck with crap. I'm sure not all sorcerers are going to have the exact same spells, but to be successful the spell lists are going to look familiar.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:26 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Like I have said, Sorcerers can compare their spell lists. I never claimed that my spell lists are the only correct ones. There has been no contradiction, I am only sharing what my spell list is.

Yet you say that these are the spells you should have... i have looked through the lists and explanations...
They dont speak as if this is why you have the spells, but why evryone else should. The contardiction [b]IS{/b} There Dundee.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:30 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If it really bugs you that much, I can edit the text.
Old 12-02-2001, 01:32 AM   #9
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Dundee, how do you take care of healing? I don't like restarting when I do bad in a battle, but I might have to. Right now there doesn't seem to be enough free healing potions, and the cash isn't flowing so well that I can stock up on potions. I am going into the big battles stoned,blurred and mirrored and then summoning whatever I can. A couple Melf's latter and it is pretty much over but it doesn't take much to get my 33 hp Sorcerer half dead. 2 battles and I am screwed. So what does your soloist do?(it least when he sucked,like level 8 or 9)
Old 12-02-2001, 01:43 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

There are enough Healing Potions in the game. Do not use the Potions of Greater Healing first( heals 27 Hp), use the small ones( heals 9 Hp). Only use Potions of Greater Healing if you are really, really about to die. Other things to keep in mind, summon your summons first, before going into battle. Let them take the hits for you.

Also, search the containers in the Copper Coronet, there is a Potion of Greater Healing in one of them. The Harper Stronghold has a lot of Potions of Greater Healing as well, so you can try doing the poisoned man quest. The Shadow Thieves' Stronghold and Mae'Var's Guildhall have Healing Potions too, just use Knock to get to them and use Mirror Image + Stoneskin to avoid the traps.