Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-21-2001, 04:04 AM   #111
HeavensFire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't stop talking to Kol outside of Serpent Temple until he gives you his key. The keyword to speak to him is "key." I made the mistake of leaving the discission with him too soon and was never able to gain access to the shrine of Kerah wich I believe is accessed by that key. By the way, if you miss it here you will never see him again to get the key later. At least I didn't.
HeavensFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 06:00 PM   #112
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Don't waste your time reloading the game when you only get 1 HP on level assent. You'll probably reload 20 times to get an additionnal 2-5 HP.

You'll find out that in the end, your character will have roughly (+ or - 20)the same HP if you reload than if you don't... that's just the way the game is.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 08-21-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 12:39 AM   #113
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Take advantage of that obnoxious Jinni in Doshi Gin's Lamp! NO, don't settle for just 3 wishes! I'm running the Patch("invoked",I believe)and this still works.

Bring the Lamp to the Town Gates, and make sure you have several "Mules" in town. Save your game before you begin, and after each successful wish granted in case you make a boo boo.

As soon as you "use" the Lamp on another char. to invoke the Jinni, the Jinni appears and starts to talk. As soon as he starts talking, enter your inventory screen and DROP the Lamp!

Then, exit the inventory screen, and when the Jinni asks you to choose a "gift", pick a TRAIT(e.g. Arms of Argus)you want the char.to have, NOT an ITEM.

When he disappears, pick up the Lamp with a different char. and "use" it on another char. You can't have the same char. "use" and/or receive from it twice, so keep track of who's used it on whom. The Jinni get's all beligerent if you mess that up. You can get traits for 5 char's in a 6 char party up to now(one less than the # of char's in your party).

Next, enter the Town, go to the Inn, and exchange all the char's who've received traits already with "Mules" to accompany the char who DIDN'T get a trait.

Exit the Town, have a "Mule" pick up the Lamp to invoke the Jinni to grant a TRAIT to the last member of your party without a trait.

Have the "Mules" ask for ITEMS(e.g.Sword of Argus) to give to your party members to use, and/or sell for a tidy profit!

When everyone's made a wish, reenter the Town, and regather your party with all their new stuff! (and please don't forget to thank the Jinni)

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 11:00 AM   #114
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

Throughout the game i found that making a character taking there money and deleting them takes TOO long so instead I "steal" from the smith and Bushi dojo guy. Join the Bushi Dojo skill or the Warriors guild and buy the takasha(or however its spelled) arrow from the Dojo as many times as possible! and then sell them back. If your doing it at the smith then but Bolt arrows +1 as many times as possible and sell them back. if your a fast clicker like me (I play nintendo and use this trick alot) then in 5 minutes you have from the starting cash (if you made max chars) you could have 500,000 and keep doin it. If you have a ranger with Bowyer skill then steal the dragon arrow back from the samari after you give it to him and enchant it alot! then have him make more and more and more (he does this by himself just give him time) and sell them, They can sell for up to 1,000,000 Gold a peace! now this is like 10 times faster then the old way of making a char and taking there money! try it, it really works
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 06:38 PM   #115
Mizilus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got into the stout mines by giving the doorman boogre brew. I looked everywhere for the writ and was stumped for awhile when I tried it and !PRESTO! I was in like Flynn!
Mizilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 08:12 PM   #116
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

I was told I should post this here. If you buy like 1 1/2 thousand arrows+1 or bolts+1(you buy 8 at a time so you have to multiply 1500 by 8)and KEEP them in your inventory then your weight amount should be on the negatives! this means that anyone can carry any amount forever becaudse it will always be gray! I might be wrong about the amount and if i am just keep buying them! okie doke?

Now i have posteed this one before but incase you missed it then here it is again. If you are low on cash then get 1000 or more (i recomened you get about 2000 or 3000 but 1000 at min) spend 500 to join the warriors guild and then buy special iteams arrows+1 and sell them back keep doing this for a while (i know it gets boring and when you have so much money you finger will hurt from clicking to buy) and you will make more money selling them then buying them. at around 1000000 gold (takes like 30 minutes to get from starting with 10000) then when you buy max arrows and sell them then you make about half a million so you never run out of cash!
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 12:06 AM   #117
syngyn hawke
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you are doing the quests for the bushi dojo, when you reach the shrine of Anephas, once you have killed the darkened one, place a portal in the clearing by the leprchaun's traesure. From there "call of home" and get credit for the darkened one quest and get bloodbeard quest and teleport back. This way you don't have to worry about possibly killing bloodbeard before getting his quest.
syngyn hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 03:55 PM   #118
Jazzid
Manshoon

To dive quickly to the bottom of the ocean off Brimloch Roon do like this... release your grip of the ship's steering wheel. Cast create portal and then Call for home. Exit the city and cast teleport and you'll end up on the bottom of the ocean beneath your ship.
//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 10:32 AM   #119
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Painbringer's post on Blessing and Enchanting

I finished the game with a level 21 warlock who had a skill of 8 in enchanting and 9 in blessing. I made some mistakes playing it this way, but I did end up with a couple of items that were much more powerful than anything found in the game. I wanted to share my findings here so maybe you could avoid making the same mistakes, and seriously consider the costs and rewards of enchanting/blessing items in the game. If Jinxter or someone wants to add this post to their FAQ, they have my permission. I share this information freely with the W&W community.

First, consider the cost. The base cost for one enchantment (I'll refer to both blessing and enchantment here as just "enchantment") is 1,000 gold. Then for every skill point over one you can add another enchantment for double the price of the previous one. This means the 4th enchantment will cost you 8,000 gold and the total for 4 enchantments will be 15,000 gold. Each damage blessing will add 1 to 2 points of damage. Each armor blessing does the same for AC. Depending on the spells your warlock/wizard has, you get a mid-level spell choice to add to a weapon, such as Zap or Flamestrike. And yes, the spells are rechargeable but you must pay the cost of enchantment again.

Last week someone was posting here about their sword they'd put 12 Enchantments on. It was a godlike weapon, but the grim reality is that this player hacked their game and cheated to get it that high. Twelve enchantments would total over 4,000,000 gold in cost, and require an incredible devotion of skill points to reach a total of 12 ... (as you may know, the higher your skill level, the more points it takes to raise it again).

Now, about the skill points. Trying to divide your skills between both blessing and enchantment on one character is a waste of effort. It's better to have your Priest or Monk or Paladin focus on the Blessings and a warlock (or other wizard guild member) focus on the Enchantments. That way you can achieve higher skill levels more quickly. There are several prerequisites to the process:

1. High guild level. This means doing ALL the guild quests you can get in order to raise your guild level to a minimum of 5 as fast as possible (maximum is 7). I don't believe you'll see the Enchantment or Blessing skills offered before guild level 5. (Same happens with the Artifact and Ancient Lore skills for ID'ing things).

2. Artifact spells. Without the artifact spells, you cannot enchant or bless. These are level 4 for Stone, 5 for Moon and Fire, 7 for Spirit, 3 for Vines (adds toughness blessing), and 6 for Fiend. Each spell allows a different option when you enchant or bless. Vine adds toughness to armor (Durability). Stone adds AC bless to armor or Zap enchant to weapons. Fire adds Flamestrike for weapons or Resist Fire to armor. I assume Fiend adds the Pain spell, though I hadn't acquired that spell by the end of the game (too busy with other spells). I don't know what Artifact of Spirit adds, maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

3. Traits. BEFORE you can use the Enchant or Bless skills you must ALSO have the Cabalist Trait (temple, precursor trait to Bless skill) or the Occultist Trait (wiz guild, precursor to Enchant skill).

4. Skills. Once you have Cabalist and/or Occultist, you are offered the Blessing and/or Enchant skill, respectively. Here's where the drudgery comes in. By now your characters have broken into the teens in level and are fairly powerful in their own right. You are probably faced with painful choices at every level over where to stick your skill points. 2nd Weapon? Deathstrike? Higher Sun or Moon spells? More Sorcery for more mana? Now you have to decide how important enchantment is going to be. With a full party of 6 characters, it's easier because you can split the duties. If I did this over again I would have my priest focus on all the blessing skills while my Warlock worried only about the Enchantment. That means the Priest would not be able to add some of the enchantments allowed with Sun, Moon, etc., spell schools but this is a slow, expensive process anyway. If you make it to the end of the game and still want to see where it all leads, switch him to Samurai or Assassin to get other spell schools. Or turn him into a Zenmaster and get them all

One last point to be made. Pick the item you enchant very carefully. The better the item, of course, the more noticeable your enchantments will be. Starting with a rusty dagger isn't going to do much for you I never could make much sense out of which items were enchantable and which not -- if it said "+1 Enchant" or "+2 Enchant" then I knew it was enchantable. My monk had a Trident of Tides that was a decent weapon (for a Pole/Staff) but it was not enchantable. Jewelry is not enchantable. The Mavin is not enchantable The sword you can get from the Djinn *IS* enchantable, however. So is the Robinsblade, Nightblade, etc. These all make good enchanted weapons. I used the Sword of Argus from the Djinn, and by the end of the game it was topping out at about 44 base points of damage

Enchantments and Blessings seem to count against each other. So if you have an enchant skill of 4 and a Bless skill of 8, ALWAYS add enchantments first. If you stick 8 blessings on the weapon, you need an enchant skill of 9 to add just 1 enchantment. So if you want that sword to proc Flamestrike, get it enchanted before you go to the temple and add more base damage. If you want the armor to protect from Fire or Magic, enchant it first before you go get it blessed.

That's the meat of the issue here. Hopefully enough folks will read this that we won't see as many "how do I enchant?" posts here. Hey, I can wish can't I?

Painbringer

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 03:12 PM   #120
Tholarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've seen it described earlier, but here's the non-confusing way to creating extra gold early in the game.

First, create a party and pool all 1200 gold to one character. Remove four characters from the party, exit the town and save the game. Enter the inn again and pool to the character who was not carrying the gold when you saved. Remove the one who had been carrying it when you saved and re-add them to the party. Every time you remove and re-add them they will have another 1200 gold. This is a geometric progression, and you can quickly create millions.

-Thol
Tholarion is offline   Reply With Quote