Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #1
doomogamer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Help Please!

Been a long time. If there is anyone still here... Does ANYONE remember how to tree surf? My lead guy has athletics lvl 10 and is carrying UNDER his encumbered weight... So ANY help would be appreciated cuz as I remember it will be needed.

Thanks much!
doomogamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Help Please!

Tree surfing - I remember that, but it has been so long that I don't recall the details (sorry).

Maybe there is help in here: http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32010
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #3
doomogamer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you. I was rereading the old posts and you said that the only way to fullfill some of the quests was to tree surf over to the lost sands or something and kill some evil trees. And As I recall it is very usefull in other places like the boogre prison... Which I cant find by the way... Gee... Welcome back!
Old 07-24-2019, 04:04 AM   #4
doomogamer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ahhh here is the quote that reminded me I would need tree surfing... Completing the "Living Seed" quest from the Brimloch Roon Wizard's Guild

Due to faulty design, the Living Seed quest was given BEFORE the Open the Shrine quest, making the last quest undoable (you have to open the shrine before you can get the living seeds, unless you want to steal one from Oakenmir (which is VERY difficult and can get him hopping mad!)

Here's how to get both quests. NOTE: You'll need Call of Home (7th level Moon spell) to do this, so don't attempt it without it, or you'll be stuck forever!

When you get the Living Seed quest, go out to the Brimloch Roon pier. Climb the wall there (have your characters jump to the top), and then go south. Get on top the trees by jumping, then jump/walk all along the southern border. Use the map to guide you.

You have to go past Talrik's Cove (the place where you meet the pirate. Keep going until you start seeing sea water on the map again. That's the Lost Sea. Now angle downward and drop to the ground. You'll be in the Lost Sea area.

Travel west as far as you can and enter the Isle of Sands (long, curving path). You'll encounter the Hydra there as well, so you probably want to get Duke Brinsly's 2nd quest (Town Hall in Brimloch Roon) to kill the Hydra first so you can get credit for it, too.

After killing the Hydra, enter the Isle of Sands. Turn spawn rate to "frequent" on your computer. Eventually, some "Bark Horrors" (evil Oakenmirs) will spawn. Kill them (fire works great here) and they'll drop the seeds. For a 6 character party, you'll need to kill 2 groups of 3 to get the seeds. Gather them up (1 per person).

Now cast Call of Home. Go back to the Wizard's Guild in Brimloch Roon and get credit for the quest. You can now get the assignment for the "Unlock the Shrine" quest.

-Sazerac
Old 07-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

"Logically" (as if logic necessarily applies to RPGames) tree surfing can't be absolutely necessary to win the game. Not all parties are going to have a character that would have the necessary stats to allow them to *tree surf*.

What happens when you try to climb the wall at the Brimloch Roon pier??

Sadly, I lost my game book and all my notes and files in a fire so I'm unable to search through them for help. I have downloaded the game from GOG, but I haven't had time to even try to play the game. Saz, I believe, may still be around. I've been here all these years, just becoming less useful because it has been so long since I've actually played. Don't know if Saz would remember either.

I also have to wonder if whatever "magic" GOG did to make the game playable on currently computers might have wiped out some of the quirky bugs/features that were in the released version because they rushed to market. Hope that isn't the case.

Last edited by Wyvern; 07-24-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
doomogamer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I am glad you are still here. When I first came to this board YOU welcomed me here. And now that I have found the game again it is like rediscovering your old clubhouse.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:49 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

It is like a clubhouse!! When the game was new, this was a very active, friendly board! It's been nice to have players drop in again after years and we're still friendly!!

Hope you manage to figure the tree surfing out! Keep us posted on how your game is going!
Old 07-25-2019, 09:19 AM   #8
doomogamer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes it is friendly but still The tree surfing thing is annoying. Someone suggested climbing on a box or chest... Seemed reasonable at first... THEN I discovered that they disappear when ya leave a dungeon...Oh well....
Old 07-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #9
Shadow Stranger

I tried alternatives to the tree surfing, see the topic "Decrypting File GMDATA.PAK" in this forum. Address is:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...d.php?t=102437
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:36 PM   #10
doomogamer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I replied on the thread you indicated! And thanks for cluing me in. I did however find a crude workaround... Ya see my whole party is composed of Pixies... And while 2 of them have level 12 athletics they simply could NOT jump up on the walls. Then I went and got an outdoor treasure chest... Carried it back to the wall and TAH DAH! 1 jump later I am up on the wall.

Now to find the Booger cave... Is it the Hovel?