Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-10-2000, 10:44 AM   #1
Kalgrog

Did everyone find both pieces of dragon ore in the mines? Got two sets of armor now. I also got a conch shell of the crab near the small pond in abandoned shafts. Pretty nice.

Does anyone know if you are penalized for killing the stout King? Is he good exp? I want to level my priest some more before I turn him into an assassin. Plus I could get another set of dragon armor from king's vault.

thanks, in advance

Old 11-10-2000, 02:43 PM   #2
Perin

I killed Freyedies because he would only give me one suit of dragon armor. Good experience for him and all of his guards. Be ready for a big fight though. I faced 10 guards and the king all at once. I was able to kill them all, but was pretty beat up at the end. You get a key from the king which opens the other 3 vaults plus a hidden chamber off of the throne room. I ended up finding 2 more sets of dragon armor in the plunder so it made it worth it.

I haven't seen any negative consequences from killing him so you should be OK. Good luck.

Old 11-11-2000, 06:37 AM   #3
Regis
Welcomed New User

Only real drawback is that he's no longer around to forge armor for you.

A good thief-type can steal both the key to the vaults and any dragon ore you have already given him, then hand it right back for more (I have 7 suits of armor).

The trick to the armor is that you have to leave the mines and re-enter...unload/load Stout Mines will do it, so you don't really even have to leave, just have the guard open and close the doors.

The other trick to the armor is that Freyedies will only make one suit at a time, so if you give him both pieces of ore at once, or even have separate characters give him one piece during the same trip, you will still only get one suit back.
Old 11-11-2000, 10:50 AM   #4
Kalgrog

I didn't have any problem with getting the king to make my armor. I gave him one ore and ran to the vault and back. When I got back he was done forging the armor and gave it to me. Gave him the second piece and ran to the vault and back. He was done and gave me the second suit of armor.

My thing with killing the king is I wanted a little exp and since he was useless now, why not? But now however I shall pickpocket him of the ore I gave and get him to make me more armor and then kill him and loot the vault.

Old 11-12-2000, 06:45 AM   #5
Regis
Welcomed New User

Nice to know I didn't even have to leave the mines. BTW, you can pickpocket the key to the vault off Freyedies and take everything you want...I breezed by the guards at each treasure room and other than spewing their usual warning, they didn't budge.

I only found 1 suit of armor in the Vaults, so it must be a random-generation with a minimum of 1 suit found.