Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-31-2002, 12:33 AM   #1
nameless crazy
Dungeon Master

In the original SOA game the cloak is great because it reflects magic to enemies. Now it is much weaker with TOB installed. Is there a way to recover its ability of reflecting magic(including file editing)......I really like to see liches kills themselves with finger of death...
nameless crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 09:49 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Just delete the file clck29.itm from your override-folder (at least I think it's clck29, could be a different number, look it up in an item-list). The file in the override-folder is the new cloak, and deleting it will force the game to use the old one.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 10:00 AM   #3
Kaneida
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
Just delete the file clck29.itm from your override-folder (at least I think it's clck29, could be a different number, look it up in an item-list). The file in the override-folder is the new cloak, and deleting it will force the game to use the old one.
clck26.itm
Kaneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 03:09 PM   #4
robo donkey
Manshoon

Could someone verify the file name for the cloak, it's not t6hat I dont trust you, Kaneida but I dont want to delete the wrong file and we only have 2 conflicting file names.
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 04:13 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Just delete both, both cloack where changed in TOB, by deleting them in the override folder you will have them back to the SOA version.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:30 AM   #6
Kaneida
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by robo donkey:
Could someone verify the file name for the cloak, it's not t6hat I dont trust you, Kaneida but I dont want to delete the wrong file and we only have 2 conflicting file names.
I understand. Instead of deleting clck26 or anything, I would just move them temporarily to another folder. Therefore, you can go back to the game, see the effects, and you'll know if you took out the right item code. And then also you can put the code back into the override if you got the wrong one.

I'm 100% bona-fide sure that clck26.itm is the Cloak of Mirroring (at least in my game) unless you customized it or someone else did.

Hope that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kaneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 10:17 AM   #7
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

i also noticed that the red dragon scale became not-so-spectacular with ToB. before installing, you could wear rings/cloaks/amulets of protection with it, since it is scale armor+0, not full plate+2, AND since it does not even confer the same AC modifiers as full plate. with ToB, rings/amulets/cloaks of prot. are forbidden. bummer.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:40 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It is clck26, I just looked.
Old 04-04-2002, 11:51 AM   #9
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs:
i also noticed that the red dragon scale became not-so-spectacular with ToB. before installing, you could wear rings/cloaks/amulets of protection with it, since it is scale armor+0, not full plate+2, AND since it does not even confer the same AC modifiers as full plate. with ToB, rings/amulets/cloaks of prot. are forbidden. bummer.
It's not full plate, no, but it's not scale mail either, it's just plain old plate mail. Yes, it's made of Dragon scales, but that doesn't make it scale mail, if you can follow me. And it's not +0 either, it's highly magical, hence the incompatibility with Rings/Amulets/Cloaks of Protection is as it should be. Would you believe that I didn't even knew that you could equip Jewelry of Protection with the Red Dragon Armor in SoA until I read about it on some forum? I just automatically assumed that it couldn't be done, so I never even tried it.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote