Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-31-2001, 02:03 PM   #1
Lord Shield

1. No flaming of other people. Friendly ribbing is ok, but don't get personal and don't take things personally.
2. No spamming. Single word or single sentence posts are out. This is not intended to be a chat thread, you are all welcome to go to the General Discussion Forum if you want to chat. Posting about non-BG2 issues does not belong here. This includes posting about fluffies, pillow fights that go for 300 posts, or anything else that I can't find a remote BG2 connection on.
3. No profanity. It amazes me that people can behave so differently here as in RL. Unfortunately some people have been pushing the boundaries of this so I am asking you to restrain from it altogether.
Lord Shield and Melusine are the proprietors of this bar, please respect their requests. Please let me know if these guidelines are not being adhered to.
Staff Roster:
Lord Shield - proprietor
Melusine - Head of Staff and Wedgie coordinator
Azurewolf - bouncer. Check your weapomns with him on entry
Sil, Gamora and Jaheira - Waitresses
Cheesy - Earth Elemental does the cleaning
Tiddles - Son of the Tarrasque. Cute puppy most of the time
The Nishruu - tends bar when I'm not there
Troll cook from Windspear Hills does the cooking
Lord Thought, another old one, lover of Melusine
To prevent earlier problems, NO GODS OR SUPER-BEINGS ALLOWED - I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE. Any problems and I start a character registering forum
And, before I forget - (Lord Thought hugs Melusine and gives her a big kiss)

The story so far:

God only knows. A mission was started concerning Rhazor's capture and a Drow psychic warrior but apparently we are so goddamned powerless against it until a plot device is used. I'm all in favour of forgetting it as it assumes we all have the 3rd Edition Psionics Book. As Nano has given up the idea too we are all safe in the bar now

Link to the old thread here

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-31-2001, 02:26 PM   #2
Tancred
White Dragon

OOC: I feel really old. I've made a post in every single bar thread so far... I wonder if after 500 Bars I get some kind of commemorative tankard?

IC:

Tancred, trapped inside the sword that once was his, waits urgently for Karnas - now trapped inside Tancred's body - to figure out some kind of solution by research.
Karnas, on the other hand, has about as much clue about how to get out of this as a fish trying to learn how to stargaze. The book he is reading is not, as Tancred thinks, a spellbook, but a copy of 'Things To Do In Athkatla When You're Dead - The Memoirs of Bodhidharma Irenicus'.
Old 08-31-2001, 02:30 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC: Just a small suggestion, I think that more people in here have played 2nd ed than 3rd ed, so maybe if we wrote an OOC post telling everyone what the bloody hell you are jabbering about, whenever we use some 3rd ed reference.)

Neb leaned back in his comfortable armchair which he had created with his magic and enjoyed to pint of beer which he had just been brought by one of the waitresses.

Kivan was asleep in his room upstairs which he had rented a long time ago, during one of the early Bars.

Tiax had eaten some of Neb's spell components, because he mistook them for some spices and put some of them on the steak he had ordered, and as a result of that he was acting a bit wierder than usual, at the moment, currently, he was hanging from one of the upstairs windows, fighting some of his hallucinations with a coathanger.

Razzen was playing a game of poker with a couple of Radiant Heart paladins because he knew they were too honourable to cheat, he, however, was cheating mercilessly.
Old 08-31-2001, 02:59 PM   #4
Lord Shield

Is Tiax winning?

LS has set up a pool table and is playing a game with Skye. Fortuna is having a nap in the garden section

Doesn't it all look quiet?

The bar shudders and shakes again - the older patrons are used to this and grab their drnks so they don't spill

When it lands, Jaheira looks outside - "Hmm!"

he sky is a blood red, the landscape is charred and blackened. Lots of metal shrapnel and debris is about the place with the corpses of many humanoids

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-31-2001, 03:06 PM   #5
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: Wow, a lot can happen in two days, I need to check back more often so I to can participate in the *drama*

IC: "All this running for nothing," sighed the warrior nursing another pint of mead in the relitive safty of the bar, " no gold either... what a waste."

"Cheer up boss", said Theif who had been the anti-paladin's drinking companion, "tell you what... I'll even share some of the gold I stole from drunk punters... what do you say?"

Sniffing slightly and wiping, what could vaugely be described as tears, from his visor the black clad warrior raised his mug to the halfling.

"Your a true friend Theif, I only wish others would try to emulate the example we set..."
Old 08-31-2001, 03:22 PM   #6
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

A dark hooded figure looks through the decimated door and surveys the wreckage. He waves a hand and the bodies and debris clear away from the middle of the floor to offer him a clear path to a table in the corner. He pulls back his hood to reveal a surprisingly young looking man. He quickly scans the room taking everything in, then proceeds to his table.

Milamber- LS, and ale if you please?

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 03:24 PM   #7
Encard
Quintesson

Encard: What a cheerful little place this is... Anyone want a strange looking blue thing that I found in one of my pouches and have no idea the effect of?

Encard sits down and begins to try to admire the landscape. It is very difficult. He turns his attention to Milamber.

Encard: Welcome! Want a strange blue thing? it might taste good with beer! Then again, it might explode in beer killing everyone here... err...

Encard tries to ientify the thing, but his spell recoils and knocks him down. He gets back up and tries to figure out what to do next.

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 03:29 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Milamber looks over at Encard playing with his blue thing and his eyes widen slightly at the site of this "blue thing". The mystery blue thing is actually magically preserved stuffed blue bunny!! They were thought to be extinct. Milamber slowly rubs his jaw in thought, musing over this new revalation.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 03:31 PM   #9
Encard
Quintesson

Encard tucks the blue thing (now known to be a stuffed blew bunny) away in one of his many pouches. he stares out the window for a moment, then says, "Thanks for getting rid of the corpses. They would probably have started to smell in a bit... hmm.... I wonder where we are..."

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 03:32 PM   #10
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
To prevent earlier problems, NO GODS OR SUPER-BEINGS ALLOWED - I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE. Any problems and I start a character registering forum
The Bar is falling apart.. For reasons that have been discussed earlier, I have no need of posting any more.. I had something planned for Rhazor, but now that I can't do it, I can't continue with him.. Just say that he leaves to return to Evermeet.