Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-27-2003, 05:57 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

...is not working properly, is it? I use it a lot to find the posts I know I have read concerning the problems I describe in my Stackman stories. It could be working better, however. When I search for words and terms that I find in even the most recent posts, the search engine often overlooks them. (I am talking about terms like "spell", "cast", "vanish", etc. that should not just be discarded because they are too common). I have searched for words, that I had just written in recent posts myself, and it did not find them.

I tried to search the forum for any post ever written by Radek. It came up with three. I then searched for posts written by Radek containing words he has often used (though not at all common words) and the search engine came up with none.

And yes I search on the W&W Forum, I search by any date, and I am sure about the spelling and even the use of Capital and lower-case letters.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
Old 08-27-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Well there was a bug in the directory function. Ziroc fixed that yesterday but perhaps there is also a bug in the search function since the forum upgrade. You could post a thread in the General Discussion. Ziroc is more likely to notice it there. Otherwise you could try to PM him about it but I'm not sure Z checks his PMs. E-mail is bound to work if you want to notify him about this. After all he is the only one with the power to fix this. Well, tehre is Choc as well but let's not bring him into this... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

[ 08-27-2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm.... I just did a search for "stackman" and it came up with a huge number of entries (including all of stackman's adventures). A search for "missy hissy" came up with all appropriate topics.

I suspect words like spell, cast, and vanish are too common for the search engine. It probably triggers better off of proper names and the like.

If you suspect there's an issue, though, email Ziroc or post something on General Discussions. It'll get answered there [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote