Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-23-2003, 12:32 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The Exploration of the Shire

Being the seventeenth chapter of Stackman’s adventures

In which the warlock ends a sympathetic person's futile search for a graveyard and in which the party members alter their looks in a hurry without the help of surgery.

The party was still boogreized, but the warlock knew just the remedy. She cast the create portal spell, and with the help of Sazerac’s map in the Tome of Legends (post on Page three of the Best Tips), the party found their way back through the rooms (room K on the Boogre Caves map posted by Wyvern) and eventually to the Guardian’s room (room I). The Evil Eye could be invoked for the evil eye trait. However, it only had one charge. This could be circumvented by a certain bug enabling one to recharge it (the recharge bug is explained by Knarfling on Page one of the Best Tips). Placing the evil eye in the orbistal on the wall opened a door to a cellar just north of the Guardian’s room (room J). Taking the eye from the orbistal again would have the same effect as the selling and purchasing of an item: It would be recharged. All party members already had the evil eye trait from a previous occasion, so they did not need to go through the procedure again. Besides, they were for a shorter while kept busy by a group of jungle lillies trapped in the cellar, now wanting to catch some fresh air.

Having disposed of the lillies the party entered the cellar. Four treasure chests were lined against the walls of the room and by the end wall was an Idol similar to that of Bongu. It was the Aku Idol which they had been sent to find. As each character touched the idol they were litterally lifted from the ground and transformed back to their normal shape. A huge improvement both in abilities and looks although their hitpoints were decreased by 100.

The teleport spell was cast, ant the party found themselves back in S’Keser Da’s room (room N). From her heart-shaped bed they went south and eventually wound up in a peculiar room (room O). Fighting off the room’s jungle lilly company, the party stood puzzled by the layout of the room which has been the great irritation of many. They had all four wooden sticks and would easily have been able to find a good combination of receptacles to put them in to have the right stones come out of the wall to bridge the span from the floor to each of the two doorways above. (Solutions to the puzzle are discussed in one or two great forum discussions on the subject).

Instead they chose a different approach: Having the sufficient level athletics skill they simply jumped up to the doorway and exited the cave from there. They had come to Doshi-Gin’s area. After exploring most of the secret cove and looting the giant’s treasure, the cyclops eventually showed up. He did not stand a chance against the spellcasters. He died and dropped a small golden lamp. The lamp contained a djinni who would grant a wish. Actually he would grant more, since there was a quite exploitable bug concerning him (as explained by Dr. Pick on Page five of the Best Tips and in a Forum discussion on the topic). (Although it involves some difficulties the Djinni of the Lamp can be killed but he does not yield any experience points as an earlier experiment shows).

The party went back to the boogre caves, bridged the stair puzzle room and took the other exit (room Q). This was where they had entered the caves not twenty-four hours ago, so the warlock’s self-turning hoursglass revealed. Just by the exit stood a treasure chest. Inside was the Band of Boars. The party left the caves for good. Outside they teleported back to Ishad N’ha and rested for the night.

Next morning they went to the armoury and received acknowledgements for having killed Doshi-Gin. Thus ended the third and last quest given by the warrior guild of Ishad N’ha. In the magic shoppe they were rewarded for finding the Idol of Aku. They then undertook the ”Colanth’s eye” quest, and thus ended the second of three quests given by the wizard’s guild of Ishad N’ha. In the pawn shoppe they were rewarded for retrieving the Band of Boars, and thus ended the third and last quest given by the thief guild of Ishad N’ha. In the bushi dojo they were rewarded for having found tidings of Grunaxe. They then undertook the “kill Shrew Chishi” quest, and thus ended the second of three quests given by the bushi dojo of Ishad N’ha.

Leaving the town again the party spent the next few days travelling across the previously unexplored parts of the Shire. They started by revisiting the lake by the boogre caves from where they had just come. They knew from previous occasions that Shrew Chishi would be hiding in a grove on the west bank of the lake. Sure enough; they quickly found him and disposed of him.

In the western parts of the Shire, they party came upon Jathil the wanderer. The mysterious ”tall dark stranger”, that would have been the standard subject of the mad ravings of Harespia and people of her ilk, kindly accepted the scrolls given to him by the party. He would also have rewarded them with the arcane void trait had it not been for the fact that they had already got it. It is the actual handing over of the scroll that prompts him to award the trait. A character does not have to have undertaken the quest at the temple. So with just one scroll, a party of six can all gain the trait by pickpocketing or purchasing the scroll from Jathil and giving it back (as explained on Page seven of the Best tips (reply named “Arcane Void for all party members”)).

The warlock cast a final glance at Jathil as the party turned around a thicket and marched on. They quickly came upon a graveyard whose inhabitants did not rest easy. On the valkyries command the spectres soon did. After having explored the entire Shire the party went to the tunnel just west of the dragon spire, leading into the mountain. It was getting dark, so the party decided to spend the night in Ishad N’ha. The warlock cast the create portal spell and then the call of home spell.

They spent a rainy night at the inn of Ishad N’ha. In the morning they went to the temple and were rewarded for having given the scrolls to Jathil. Thus ended the third and last quest given by the priest guild of Ishad N’ha. In the bushi dojo they were rewarded for having killed Shrew Chishi. Thus ended the third and last quest given by the bushi dojo of Ishad N’ha. They were ready to set off again.

NPCs encountered:

Jathil reacts to following words:

Graveyard, Stout Mine, Stout Mines, Ruins, Dragon, Mine, Shurugeon Castle, Erathsmedor, Dragon Spire, Shurugeon Ruins, Burial Ground, Woods, Jathil, Mines, Gezrite, Nirgava, Castle.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:06 AM   #2
macoati
Manshoon

I am having such a good time reading Stackman's tales! So many things I've either never done or done only once. Think I may have to do some playing here shortly with these things.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I am glad you like my stories. I really appreciate the responses I get. And I am certainly happy, that Stackman's Adventures can actually be used as an inspiration/walkthrough. After all that was the purpose intended. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2003, 08:29 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I definitely appreciate them, bsftcs, and I look forward to them. There are still things I learn from your writings, so please... keep it up! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote