Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #1
Wyvernspur
Welcomed New User

im running windows xp and ive alredy sorted out the problems i was having entering the buildings in town by getting the patch from here now while in anephases tomb i try to carry the obalisks to the correct places and the game crashes as soon as i click on the obalisk it also crashes when i try and put on the vampires ring from skull island has anyone got any ideas cos i cant get any further in the game without ressurecting anephas
Wyvernspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Hello and welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Putting on the vampire's ring always crashes the game in the unpatched version of the game. Only the patch can rectify this.
I have not heard of problems with the obelisks. Perhaps the patch will also solve this problem. I suppose you have tried it over and over again after saving the game close to the point where it crashes? Other things in the game such as using certain hurled weapons - especially Kraokendon - and accepting the naga nectar in the serpent temple often crash the game. But it sounds like this is a permanent occurence.
I really wish I could help you with it, but I have not got the slightest idea. Have you used the search engine of the forum to search after posts describing similar problems either on the W&W forum or in the W&W forum archives here on Ironworks? There might be something there.

The top techies of the forum will be online soon. They can probably help you better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep... the patch is the only thing that fixes the vampire ring crash. Kinda makes you wish you'd taken another option from the vampiress, eh?

As for the crash in the shrine, many times those are related to how much video activity is going on. You might want to make sure that you're not looking at anything that moves (like Kerah or anything else) when you try the obelisk. Walls are good...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 04:47 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

The obelisk problem looks like a general problem with moving objects in W&W on a computer with w2000 or wXP.
Yesterday, I moved two crates in Valeia Crypt from one room to the "coffin area" more than 30 times. The game crashed again and again. I would give up if I didn't know that it is possible to move the crates, even with w2000. Later on, I was able to move 6 crates to the jindol and construct stairs to it without any crash(!) Also, I didn't encountered any problems with the remaining 4 crates. Perhaps, it was a pure luck
Most likely, some objects or some places in the game tend to crash the game rather frequently if you have w2000 or wXP.

I recommend the following:
1. Try another obelisk from another place. There are many obelisks in the shrine.
2. Make your path with the obelisk clean. Kill all monsters nearby.
3. Do not approach the obelisk too closely when you try to catch it. Select "carry" and click the obelisk from distance. For some unknown reason, my game always crashed when I approached the crates but I was able to get the crates by clicking them from a distance.
4. Start saving very often once you suceed to get the obelisk and make a few steps with it!
Old 08-15-2003, 07:58 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board Wyvernspur. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Radek has given you some excellent advice. Since you are running Windows Xp be sure to take full advantage of the compatibility wizard or the ACT if you have those. If you don't have them take a looksy here (It's a biased article but it does supply some information) and download it from here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

When I get Windows XP I'll try and see if I can can up with a "manual" to post in the tech thread.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:03 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Wyvernspur!!!

I hope the replies from the other posters will help solve your problem. We've almost always been able to find out the cause and a solution for about every problem posted on the boards. If the suggestions you have been given don't help, post again!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:42 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sheesh! What was I drinking last night?

Welcome to the boards, Wyvernspur. May the only crashes you experience in the Gael Serran be the armor of your dying foes crashing on the ground.

*grumble* hate it when I miss a welcome thread... *grumble-rumble*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:02 AM   #8
Wyvernspur
Welcomed New User

thanx for the welcome ill see if i can get anywhere with it and get back to you
Wyvernspur is offline   Reply With Quote