Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2003, 08:51 PM   #1
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Guys,

its been along time since i post something into your forum, but perhaps you will know me from earlier times.

I played the game already with the same graphic card as now but i installed win98 again and i had maked the same configurations. But now the game won´t run alright if i go into a shop and wanna buy weapons or else. Also the names of monsters outside of towns aren´t shown correctly. I thought this is a problem with the direct x drivers but it isn´t!

Can you help me? Are there any possibilities?

Thanks, i hope it helps otherwise i start jerkin around!
Misanthrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:20 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... it has been awhile, methinks... welcome back, in any case.

Anyway, the usual suspects are appropriate -- current driver version, current directX version, whether you're running in software or hardware mode, whether you sacrificed a Macintosh to Hesperia before starting...

You mentioned Win98 being reinstalled. Were you at a higher version before, and went back? Or did you just need to reinstall Win98? Did you reinstall W&W after installing Win98? That might make some registry differences.

What specifically happens (or doesn't happen) when you go into one of the shops?

More details, more answers [img]smile.gif[/img]

*edit: Forgot to ask: have you tried at other resolutions?*

[ 08-09-2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 08:32 AM   #3
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi again,

thanks for the tips so far. I have tried it in all possible resoultion-combinations which were possible. The problem is that weapons in shops take a lot of time to be showed on the screen. The mouse cursor and the sound stopped for that time and when the weapons are finally displayed nothing gets better.

My graphic gard is a Riva TNT2 M64. But if i played the game in 640x480 D3D mode it runs correctly but at any higher resoultions you cant read correctly the monster names, cant really see the Life Gouge of them.

Please help me...

Thanks in advice
Old 08-10-2003, 12:53 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Have you tried it in software mode? That takes the card out of the picture more, and clears up a lot of video glitches.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:22 PM   #5
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

yes i have tried it in software modes, but the resolution is always 640 x 480 on software modes and that looks really bad. I will have it as it was before i installed win98. Its really strange. Could it be a problem with directx? I installed the game directx version which is 7.0. but in the manual there is showed it is 7.0a. therefore i downloaded the english version of directx 7.0a and installed it. But my directx statistics says i have 7.0.

Thanks in advice for your help.