Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-27-2002, 04:49 AM   #1
PeeWee
Manshoon

Howday,

Has anyone been able to check what's in the container outside the asylum? There is a small container(box) that can't be accessed from the normal walk way. I've thrown a wizard eye to the other side to scout for entry ways and don't see one. I'm stumped but decided to leave it wondering if anyone else found a way to get to it and if anything was in there.

It's a container that is to the left side of the map. The small bridge leading to the box is broken. I'm speculating that it isn't anything important but who knows....maybe it's there for some purpose, like to drive me crazy and wonder if anything great was in it. Maybe it's something like one of those hard puzzles inside the asylum. I haven't access to all the spells that may be used for this so dunno....

Wait....asylum, unattainable box, asylum......
Old 02-27-2002, 05:06 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

Try to cast Teleport field on yourself when you are near enough. Or just Ctrl-J over to it.
!!Why don't I get the Dimension Door spell??? WHY!
Old 02-27-2002, 05:32 AM   #3
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

That area with the box bugs the hell out of me too. Cant tell you how much time Ive spent crawling over that terrain thinking I must have missed a way there. Ive tried evry possible scenario for gaining entrance to spellhold thinking maybe one makes that area accesible...but no luck. Its probably just an area they didnt have time to flesh out before release, and they neglected to deactivate the box just to drive us nuts.

Chev
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 07:44 AM   #4
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Thats a very good point. I never bothered to check. There are lots of areas in the Windspear Hills that are hidden, but still accessable. They are all really crap except one, which has a Star Saphire gem in it. But all of the "box's" are tiny. So I would think that there would probably be some large quantity of money in the box.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:36 AM   #5
Gedd
The Magister

a little trick i discovered for getting to unreachable areas is by dropping a familiar. When you drop the familiar your character gets moved to the nearest unoccupied space to make room for it. If you assemble the rest of your group around your character the game will "teleport" you to the nearest free location, even over walls and accross impassible terrain. YOu might be able to cross the bridge in this way, maybe using summoned monsters etc so that the nearest free spot is the other side of the bridge.
Bit like getting a leg-up from a rabbit..
Gedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 02:34 PM   #6
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Gedd:
a little trick i discovered for getting to unreachable areas is by dropping a familiar. When you drop the familiar your character gets moved to the nearest unoccupied space to make room for it.

Uh ... how do you get back?

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 05:27 PM   #7
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:

Uh ... how do you get back?

-- Nifft

Probably should work for the way back too. I'll be damned if they rewarded an ingenius player for getting over there to open up that box. Highly unlikely but ya never know.

I mean, don't worry about it and someone just try it ...whoever has a pet. [img]smile.gif[/img] Think of the riches and fame. Mkay, it just baffles me and bit annoys me that npc mages don't get familiars. It can very well be empty or better yet have one piece of gold- ooooh yeaaaahhh!!!!

In fact if it could be done, I would definitely reward a player heavily if he thought of a way to get to something like that in a game of mine. If you know of any other impossible things to get to, feel free to post em. I may try that familiar thing in a future game.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:31 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It is not hard, just activate debug mode, and warp right next to the box.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:34 PM   #9
SoaS
Dungeon Master

Nuttin' for me.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:36 AM   #10
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i checked the area and all that's in there is "RNDTRE01", which means a few gold pieces or a silver necklace. very unworthwhile.