Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Would like to get this version of Windows.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/16902...ml?tk=rss_news

Quote:
Originally Posted by and taken from article
After that warning, Microsoft said it would ship a version of Windows 7 in Europe without Internet Explorer, to make sure it complied with the law.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Default Re: Would like to get this version of Windows.

I dunno,
Is there gonna be a price difference? If not, who cares?
You still have a choice of whether to use it or not. Even if they gave an install option for it during the install process...
Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Windows 7 will fail just like Vista.. Even LOOKS the same. I bet it also broke even MORE current software on purpose (with software vendors wishes) so you will have to go re-buy all your programs again.

That's another reason people have become sick of MS.. same song and dance. no innovation, more poor coding that requires even more ram, more HD space and 93 CPUs to run. lol

I'll stick with XP Pro until a REAL OS comes out.. One worth spending a crazy $300 for.....

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Windows 7 is more or less Windows Vista with another SP. However, I have no qualms with Vista. I think its great. I'll be getting Windows 7 with the new comp I'm building in a few months. I just wish they'd let XP die to be honest.

The whole thing of the EU getting on Microsoft's back for bundling IE is absolutely ludicrous IMO. They may have legitimate arguements and claims in other aspects, but this bundling fiasco is stupid beyond all reason.

Last edited by SecretMaster; 07-25-2009 at 07:05 PM.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Windows 7 will fail just like Vista.. Even LOOKS the same. I bet it also broke even MORE current software on purpose (with software vendors wishes) so you will have to go re-buy all your programs again.

That's another reason people have become sick of MS.. same song and dance. no innovation, more poor coding that requires even more ram, more HD space and 93 CPUs to run. lol

I'll stick with XP Pro until a REAL OS comes out.. One worth spending a crazy $300 for.....
...I don't think it's fair to say that Vista has failed...it's certainly gotten people thinking about what a good operating system is, and ultimately, it has a better implementation of features than XP. Networking is the one I'm most in love with...it's just eeeeeaaaaaasssssyyyyyy in Vista, whereas with XP, it was a dark, voodoo-like task.

Vista also keeps the hardware market moving along, which is not a bad thing...and, it's even been a great gaming platform, after SP1.

Only other thing I would add is that the OEM licenses for Vista and 7 are imminently reasonable. $130 for a software suite that you use every day to do almost everything you need? That's Vista Home Premium. Same price as XP, but just plain better in every area regarding features. Maybe a little shy on performance, but 7 is fixing that, as tests have shown. Further, 7 will be completely compatible with XP programs via Virtualized XP Mode.

But, I don't want to sound like I work at Microsoft...so, I'll just say this...they really try to bring the best experience to the most people.

Maybe others hit certain notes better, but that's not what Microsoft is about.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post

From everything I've heard, Windows 7 is a huge upgrade on Vista, much less of a memory hog.

And you won't have to re-buy everything again. (not that you really had to with Vista)
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
Arvon
Unicorn

With Viasta it wasn't buying new software, but locating the new drivers. Some companies made the easily available and others you had to work to find them.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #8
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

What about Joe blow and his family that pick up this version of Windows, then little Mary jumps on the family PC to talk to her friends on myspace? or check her Facebook?

Oh wait..... she can't......

Yes yes, i'm sure most of you people with a bias against windows will say its not hard to figure out how to get a browser installed, but remember that the vast majority of the world still use Windows, and not all of them are computer savy, so I can't wait to see it blow up in the EU's face.

Can we please not have an argument about Vista being a failure or Windows 7 being "just Vista"

I have very strong opinions on this too, but we all know arguing on the internet is retarded, and yes, people arguing about Windows certainly look stupid.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:12 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, It IS Microsoft's OS, so at least have the option to install the browser.. The EU acts like the code in the OS prevents ANY other browser from being installed, and can only run IE.. lol

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah; how can you go download a browser online if you have no browser installed?