Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2003, 09:47 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Is anyone else doing this: I have taken to starting on lvl 10, and then trying to escape, by working my way back to the top. I also found a way to keep people from just running from lvl to lvl. I ran small quest in there today, and got a couple of people to go along with it. Kept 5 of us going over every passage, looking for clues, and really enhanced the role play in game. It was quite fun, and pretty easy to do. Except for keeping the little plot going. I was making it up on the fly, and had no real items to use as clues, just made them up as I went. Great fun, and no one seemed to mind thoroughly exploring the depths. Kept a party until lvl 7.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:32 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Is anyone else doing this: I have taken to starting on lvl 10, and then trying to escape, by working my way back to the top. I also found a way to keep people from just running from lvl to lvl. I ran small quest in there today, and got a couple of people to go along with it. Kept 5 of us going over every passage, looking for clues, and really enhanced the role play in game. It was quite fun, and pretty easy to do. Except for keeping the little plot going. I was making it up on the fly, and had no real items to use as clues, just made them up as I went. Great fun, and no one seemed to mind thoroughly exploring the depths. Kept a party until lvl 7.
Cool idea! yeah, when I release Undermountain for download, I was thinking of once you reach the last level and finish the main quest, THEN, you gotta come back out, and each level 1-10 will be cloned, and will have all new monsters, changes to each level and new items/encounters.. Sound like a good idea? That would give the 'escape' part meaning.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 06:32 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cool plan. Tried to solo lvl 10/11 yesterday, and there was no way. I had a lvl 20 fighter, specialized, improved crit, with both long sword, and halberd, and still couldn't hit 'em. Not very often, anyways. Will try experiment on that, as he was human, and so was the other char i had down there yesterday. Larry was a half orc, and didn't seem to have a lot of trouble. just say no to humans fighting lvl 10, solo anyway.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I had two axes. Both were +5, and each was imbued with powers that would be needed for level 10. One had a 2d6 extra punch for giants and the other had a 2d6 extra punch for lizardfolk. Still, I only hit them 20% of the time.