Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-25-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Having just got Neverwinter Nights 2, I'm considering playing this build, and I'd like some opinions on it.

Cleric 1/Sorcerer 1/Warlock x

Starting with the warlock at first level for skills((4+int mod)x4), the "mind over body" background feat, cleric domains: earth(for toughness feat +1 hp/level) & one other (perhaps air or water, for uncanny dodge/evasion), 1 level of sorcerer for the familiar toad (+1 hp/level), practised spellcaster(warlock - I hope)... with these invocations: Invocations:
Least: Eldritch spear, Hideous blow
Lesser: Eldritch chain
Greater: Devour magic
Dark: Utterdark blast and/or Eldritch doom

...What this build should give me is +40 hp (from the toughness feat and familiar), and if the practised spellcaster (warlock) works, it means I won't miss out too much. Why a level of cleric when I could take toughness as a feat? Well, it's a trade off - I get some minor useless spells which hopefully will help in item creation and I don't waste any of my seven feats on toughness. The sorcerer likewise will give me some useless low level spells (I'm thinking identify and true strike) and since it runs off charisma like the warlock, it's better than the wizard.

I know this build might spread me a bit thin, but... what do you guys think?
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

correct me if wrong...but wont you give yourself a bit of an experience penalty?

Also, to me hideous blow seems somewhat useless, in order to use it, you must cast it upon the opponent that you wish to strike....and it only lasts for the first strike of the weapon, so you have to keep casting it to use it. When i tried using this spell with a warlock duelist build with vordans hero creator it couldn't really kill much of anything. The warlock in general seems to be fairly weak...What you might want to do is either go all warlock to get the most damage from your spells or try being some sort of fighter with only a few levels of warlock (enough to get the darkness spell and the see in darkness spell) that will give you a big advantage against opponents who cannot see through darkness.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Humans have no favoured classes, or rather, take no penalty for multiple ones. And yes... Hideous blow is rather useless. I'm not impressed with it, tbh. I'm also not too pleased with the warlock as a whole. It seems nerfed from its PnP counterpart.

Thanks for the advice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote