Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 08:02 AM   #1
CorpusVile

Just a very quick question.
I've got my Priest started on the monk ascension quest (the naked one), and I took all the equipment off of the character. But after 2 days of adventuring (that's how many it was supposed to be right?) I went to the Bushi Dojo and was told I hadn't run around naked for long enough. Has something gone wrong or do I just need to wait some more??
Old 02-27-2001, 08:12 AM   #2
Dr. Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This quest is really annoying without a clock. You have to make sure you are out for a FULL two days. This means 48 hours, not a minute less. Since you can never really tell what time of day it is, your best bet is to stay out for 3 days, or at least two and a half. I.e. if you set out on the adventure during the day, wait until the 3rd night before you go to the Bushi Guild.

Also, make sure you don't go into town during your two days. If you go into town -- even if you don't go to the Bushi Guild -- the clock will reset on your quest. Very annoying.
Dr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 08:15 AM   #3
Shinobi

This is a very annoying quest, very, very annoying. it does work however, just save the game before going to the guild and load if you haven't spend enough time outside. I eventually got annoyed and went ninja instead although going from cleric to ninja just seems silly somehow...One this i'm going to do next time i try for a monk is get the quest at either sunrise or sunset, that way i can tell exactly what time it is (last time i took the quest during the middle of the day and went into skull castle and toally lost track of time).
Old 02-27-2001, 04:26 PM   #4
CorpusVile

Great! Thanks!

My problem was that I was that I got the quest in Valeia and then journeyed to Ishad N'ha. Of course, I went straight into the town, not realising that this would reset the two days required!! That's pretty dumb in my opinion.
Great game though.
Old 02-27-2001, 04:33 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

There are a few dumb things in the game (like making you wait for the NPCs to finish talking to give you credit for a quest - I hate that!) Still a great game!!

Hope you are a monk now!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 07:35 PM   #6
slug
Manshoon

the clock did not reset for me! are you sure it resets? why do people keep saying that? could someone who knows let us know for good if the monk-quest-clock resets if you check early? ? ?
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 07:42 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Slug; the quest never reset for me for entering a village. Specifically, the quest will reset if your character in training does one of two things: 1) Enters a Temple or 2) enters the Bushi Dojo. Other than that, you can run through any town with impunity during the two day waiting period.

What resets the quest is if any quest-giver NPC reminds the character that the quest is incomplete.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 08:22 PM   #8
Pascha

WRONG WRONG WRONG

the quest does not reset, it just takes time
(and do not equip anything) (and time spend in town or PAUSE does not count)

going to the temple is a good way to check if you are ready for completion, the priest will tell you that you are ready but have to go to the BD - this way you can wait till just after the next level up, which is usually more advantageous than switching immmediately
(all my chars did the monk quest at different times, so i know what it is all about)
Old 03-01-2001, 09:20 AM   #9
the dark lord
Welcomed New User

one good way to become a monk, without getting hurt, is to jump up on the town gate and stand there for 3 sun ups . its boring, but thats the way I did it. I just did other things around the house till 3 days passed, then collected my reward. slow, but effective.

------------------
"of all the things, in life I've lost, its my mind I miss the most!"
the dark lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 11:03 PM   #10
Ostrich
Welcomed New User

Hmm regrads about the STUPID monk quest, i cant bothered, so i stood at the town gate, use a Heavy Iron to click on the cursor Left or right while Facing up to the sky, in that way, i went to bath watch tv and after about 4 hours of my own activity, I had a new monk BTW.. to face the sky was to check out the day night thingy.. and if i stood at the gate all day, i realise time pass slower, so i have to spin round n round while facing the sky ..
Ostrich is offline   Reply With Quote