Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-21-2001, 08:56 PM   #1
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

Is it just me or are there not really any major quests in the Governement district. So far I've only done 3 things, go visit keldorns family, rescue Viconia and try to commison that stupid artist...who by the way wants some metal that I've heard that you can make some special weapon with (I would appreciate if anyone has info on that.) The only other major thing that I saw was a quest to kill Valygar and since I'm a good guy...there is no point in doing so. Oh yeah, I also met Jan. If anyone has any information on what other quests I can pick up from that area please let me know....Thanx
Old 07-21-2001, 09:06 PM   #2
Tancred
White Dragon

The Government District is really a place where things happen, rathe than quests. I guess it's impossible for even a city like Athkatla to have derring-do and quests on every street corner. Although... try visiting the big uilding in the North of the region, and the garden in front of it. There's the odd quest to be had there, even if the quests themselves aren't actually IN the Government District.
Old 07-21-2001, 09:08 PM   #3
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

are you talking about place where the cowerred wizards or whatever offer a quest to kill valygar?
Old 07-21-2001, 09:43 PM   #4
Desuma_Malevois

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The Government is the place where Delon *usually* shows up, thus initiating the Umar Hills quest. In addition, accepting the quest to kill Valygar and actually killing him are two different things. By accepting his quest you can also get to the Umar Hills and eventually do the Planar Sphere.

Old 07-21-2001, 09:46 PM   #5
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

yeah its that same building
Old 07-21-2001, 09:53 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Desuma_Malevois:

The Government is the place where Delon *usually* shows up, thus initiating the Umar Hills quest. In addition, accepting the quest to kill Valygar and actually killing him are two different things. By accepting his quest you can also get to the Umar Hills and eventually do the Planar Sphere.
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Actually, just visit Valygar's house in the Docks district and talk to the servant there. Does the same thing as taking the offer Tolgerias makes you.

The ore that you give to the artist can also be used to upgrade the mace of disruption from +1 to +2 (also adds other abilities to it, making it one of the best weapons against undead). Just get the alloy (fake stuff) and the real stuff. Stash the real stuff in a crate somewhere (until you get the mace), and give the alloy to the artist. You get less xp, but you get a good weapon. Someone said you can pickpocket the artist for the ore, but every time I tried it wouldn't work (just ended up reloading a save before I gave it to him). Take the mace and ore to Cromwell, and he'll upgrade it for you.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-22-2001, 12:06 AM   #7
Jake
Banned User

SPOILER
Cernd (yeah that boring guy.), has a quest that leads to the Duril estate (deril? Derel?) in the goverment district where you fight a quite powerful mage, (duril i think) with a lich watching over you. Cernd is quite humorus there too, screaming his head off, lol. and theirs a locked door in durils estate, and i think the lich says somthing about meeting you again and somthing or other. also, Can somone tell me where that locked house in the goverment distrect leads to?? theres a girl standing beside it??
Old 07-22-2001, 01:02 AM   #8
Alaric
Manshoon

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The quests assoicated with the following NPCs will also take you to a building in the Government district.

Jan - Jysstev Estate
Anomen - Delryn Estate
Nalia - Roenall Estate

------------------
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing our parts.

[This message has been edited by Alaric (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old 07-22-2001, 01:05 AM   #9
Jake
Banned User

Cernd - Durel Estate
Jan - Jysstev Estate
Anomen - Delryn Estate
Nalia - Roenall Estate

------------------