Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-06-2001, 01:30 AM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

until i figure out how to make Find Familiar an innate ability usable by any class, this will only work if the pc is a mage.

1. extract the Creatures.bif in the Data folder using Biftool from TeamBG.

2. copy the NPC (or really any creature you want as your "extra"); let's say we want a mind flayer so copy "mindfl01" and paste it into the Override folder.

3. rename that file to whatever familiar creature file matches your alignment. let's say youre LN so the creature is a ferret which is "famfer.CRE".

4. now when you cast Find Familiar you will get a mind flayer.

note that you can add ANY creature doing this, just sub in ANOMEN10.cre or whatever. you can edit the CRE file with shadowkeeper and make it any class, change stats, etc. keep in mind you will not be able to access normal character pages like the spell book, inventory, etc.

personally i did this with a harlot so i could be pimpin.
Old 10-06-2001, 01:51 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Ahh.. so tampered stuff... cooL!!!

Hmmm a harlot? Never thought of that... but it is a good choice!!!

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-06-2001, 07:43 PM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Hehehe, nice trick.
Old 10-07-2001, 01:41 AM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

argh. well, apparently only the standard familiars don't have "attack" default scripts. i tried the mind flayer and as soon as i turned the ai on it stunned my entire party and ate several brains before i could hack it into oblivion. also its stun ability isnt a spell or innate that it possesses, rather it's coded into the CRE's script, so you'd have to alter that and really, that's alot of trouble.

since that didnt work out too well, i did it with ribald, and now ive got a portable store. very handy