Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-30-2004, 01:29 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I tried something new in the second part of the crypt last night... the part where you start in the asylum. As you probably know, there's a spot that has a couple of treasure chests right when you get into the asylum. You know... right by the pools at the beginning, where a chest sits on a ledge out of your reach?

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get to it (although there is a secret door on the other side). In the past, I've constructed elaborate ladders in a fashion that might make Stackman cringe, to see a stack abused so thoroughly.

Last night, I did it differently. Instead of constructing a ladder, I built a platform of a crate, couple of barrels, and another crate -- the materials that are just right there.

Then I just ran up the stairs, around the perimeter, and ran onto my platform. Didn't even have to jump to it! I carried the treasure chest down to the floor, and then ran around again to jump the rest of the way up there and score the other chest.

Far easier than the ladders I've built in the past, lemme tell ya...

Anyway, I thought I'd share that. I'll be trying the patch tonight, although there's one thing it takes away that I'll miss -- the opportunity to short-cut a shopkeepers speech [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Nice one!!!

Amazing how there are still new things to do!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Thanks! I wonder if DW Bradley knew when he put this together that there would be people playing and replaying it, some five years after its original release?
-+-+-+
Old 08-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm sure every game designer hopes that is what will happen with their game but I'm not sure how many ever see it realized. I hope the game ended up being a lot more financially rewarding for him than the critiques and reviews would have had the public believe.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:46 AM   #5
Taski
The Magister

Nice one

I will replay the game soon, so i be thankful for these kinds of tipps...i don´t really remember this part in the crypt, but we´ll see
Old 08-31-2004, 02:42 PM   #6
Olli Kalma

DO you mean that treasures that you miss
when you choose either, wizards or warriors path?
When you walk trought another, you can't
go the other anymore...

When you jump to the pit and land on the Asyllum
dock's, there that another pit that I have tried
to get up and loot chests...

I'f that is that part you mented, I raise my hood cap to you! I tried that for several hours,
using crates and barrels...

Good job B!
Old 08-31-2004, 03:47 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Well, Olli, in fact one can easily walk both the path of the wizard and that of the warrior. One just has to retrieve both jindols. That can be done either by stacking one's way to them or simply by jumping. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-31-2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 08-31-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

No, Olli, I'm not referring to that part. For the record, it is possible to stack up the crates on the dock so that you can climb back up the hole to the part you fell down from. However, when you get up there, it goes nowhere...

I'm talking about the area after the dock, when you swim around to the entrance to the insane asylum. There are a couple of indoor pools that lead back out to the main... water canal, I guess...

Oh, the heck with it. It's Secret Area C, as shown in Bsftcs' maps, up on the sticky threads. Second post.

That's the spot I'm talking about [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 09-01-2004, 07:45 PM   #9
Taski
The Magister

Hm...shit, i don´t know what u r talking about...long time ago

But i checked the map...and nothings getting clear...but i do remember that i NEVER picked up a chest to get the 2nd one. We´ll see when i restart.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #10
Olli Kalma

B. Hmmph. Oh... Must remember to look Bsftcs' maps
more often [img]smile.gif[/img]

Didn't remember that part.