Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-05-2002, 05:37 PM   #11
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

i found this place after doing a search of bg one day.liked what i saw and joined up.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:41 PM   #12
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

hmmm.. do you mean

a) Why we joined in the first place,

or

b) Why we continue to frequent IW?

or both? ~grynz~

a) I came because Avatar practically dragged me here heehee... actually, I'm just a curious bunny and this place seemed fun.

b) IW's addictive!! Haven't you noticed yet? what with all the lovely discussions and jokes and wonderful ppl like Davros and LoA and amazing mods (list could go on forever) ~runs around huggling all the wonderful ppl~ *beaming* life here is good.

You can probably tell that I've never played BGII or anything like that, huh? It's just an example of how welcoming and wonderful this place is that everyone's accepted an oddity like me [img]smile.gif[/img]

~happy~ Thankiees all! *sSsSmMmMmMoOoOoOoOoOoOOoOoOoOoOoOoOooOoOcCcCcHHhH eEeSsSs everyone in sight*
Old 03-05-2002, 05:42 PM   #13
SoaS
Dungeon Master

For the hell of it.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:23 PM   #14
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I joined for the same reason most people do - to get help for BGII.

I was then invited to check out the General Discussion forum by the lovely Epona.

I did a lot of "lurking" at first, but since IW came back up after Christmas, I've gotten involved in several discussion in this forum. I took a break from gaming and only recently went back to the BGII forum.

BTW -

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS, Nanaki3!!!

Old 03-05-2002, 09:19 PM   #15
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

because i wanna. its where all my great friends are, and it lets me get my views out to the public, which is the ultimate wish of anybody in my position [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 03-05-2002, 10:04 PM   #16
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Initially? I just needed some quick tips for SOA. I decided to stick around because of the KFA. (Kentucky Fried Avariel, which was unfortunately blown up by the still-standing ALSB.) Ahhhhh, those were the days... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Now I'm just moping around the role-playing forum poking fun at Larry.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:57 PM   #17
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I initally joined because I was looking for a BG forum. But then...I got sucked into the pool of happiness joy and friendships which is General Discussion.

I come here still because there are so many great people, so many great things to do.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-05-2002, 11:10 PM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I think I explained why in this thread, and to quote,

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Hi! [img]smile.gif[/img]

New here, but been playing the game for quite some time now. Hope I can share and learn here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 03-06-2002, 03:19 AM   #19
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I came to the IW predecessor (the blue board) for help in BG2. Didn't post much, then the board migrated to the present brown one.
I returned for more help in BG2, and was struck by the friendly atmosphere of the board. I tried to help others with their queries, then I got hooked...

It's THE friendliest and funniest board I have ever had the pleasure of browsing. In a way, it's like a virtual community hall with people coming and going and saying "Hi" and engaged in deep conversation, some frivolous, some deep. The community spirit is fantastic.