Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 10-26-2004, 11:48 AM   #21
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Speaking as a lawyer: what about the term "misleading advertising"?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:56 AM   #22
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
Speaking as a lawyer: what about the term "misleading advertising"?
hehehe - the "advertised" improvements are usually the first ones in - it's all the other improvements to a program that can be made and are usually thought of after a project has started that causes the problems. It's a case (at least in the project in which Jack was involved) of the head guy saying "hey, wouldn't it be neat if we made it possible for the user to do this blah blah blah" - such last minute brainstorms almost always required that a goodly amount of previously fine code be tossed or extensively rewritten - not a wise move when the market place isn't going to wait for your product.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:07 PM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

In order for there to be misleading advertising, you first have to have advertising...

With this release (version 4.1), I acknowledged that the one feature would be delayed until 4.2. There was just too much other stuff added in that I needed to get 4.1 out now... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I used to work with a guy like that, Wyv. The best way to manage him was to note those things down and schedule them for inclusion in the next version. Get this one out, and then enhance it.

Heck, most of my enhancements come from my customers! They'll tell me they like something, and then they say it would be really cool if....

By the time they get to "cool", I've got my pencil and paper out to take notes
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:23 PM   #24
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Well, I'm only a "Lurker" here mostly, but I've pre-ordered it, and I read on the Dreamcatcher Forums that It's delayed until early next year now... which doesn't matter to me since it'll have to wait for me to get a new machine some time next year anyway.

+Dr.Pick
Old 10-31-2004, 09:41 PM   #25
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Pick:
It's delayed until early next year now...
Definitely a buzz kill, but maybe we can hope that they'll use the time to fix up any lingering bugs -- something they singularly failed to do in W&W, as we all know
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:49 PM   #26
jsalsb
Elminster

*Something's* happenning, at least. The Dungeon Lords website now redirects you to the distributor's website when you cick on "Downoad Demo." Coud be a sign that they're gearing up to deliver... On the other hand, the "Pre-order" button now links to Nvidia's website... so maybe they've just been hijacked!

ps my L key works now, but ony if I hit the ; key at the same time, then go back and de;lete a;ll the ;'s [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-03-2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: jsalsb ]
Old 11-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #27
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jsalsb:
ps my L key works now, but ony if I hit the ; key at the same time, then go back and de;lete a;ll the ;'s [img]smile.gif[/img]
Have you tried cleaning your keyboard? sounds as though you have something stuck under the ; and l keys - I like using a bent paperclip to get at some debris. I also have a soft watercolor mop brush for brushing off my keys, a can of pressurized air for blowing the junk out and, if all that fails, a handy screwdriver to pry up the key and get rid of whatever is causing problems.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #28
scaryogre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I have it preordered and am waiting patiently for a finished product.

BTW, isn't it incredible how many dedicated fans W&W has had even given the buggy/unfinished conditions in which it shipped?

Hope DW gets it all square this time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2004, 04:16 AM   #29
WillowIX
Apophis

Dang right I'll play Dungeon Lords. [img]smile.gif[/img] Haven't found a fun game in a very long time now. I'm still playing Prince of Persia. Unfortunately it seems they're moving back the release date of DL time and time again. Hopefully that's a good sign.

However, the future looks bright on the gaming front. Dungeon Lords ans sequels on my two latest favorite games. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2004, 05:20 PM   #30
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
a handy screwdriver to pry up the key and get rid of whatever is causing problems.
Hum... be careful with the removing keys part tho.... I tried that with my old keyboard and it was never the same again.... I removed the space bar and when I put it back in, the spacebar refused to work....

DL..... CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER... AHHHH!!!!.. lol