Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 05:37 AM   #1
Bernardo
Manshoon

I am playing a solo game as a sorcerer, I am at the
*MAYBE SPOILER* ice glacier. I am at level 13 (and so next to getting level 7 spells at level 14... or something like that). So I was wondering what spells would there be. Looking through the spells (on the manual) I've noticed I found only one ("_?something?_Banshee") of 9th level... How many and Wich are really the 9th, an highest, level spells for Wiz/Scr???
Old 03-28-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Annoying manual, whose idea was it to put the spells in alphabetical order? Idiot.

There are more 9th level spells than that. Off the top of my head, (some of these may be cleric spells) theres meteor swarm, power word: kill, wail of the banshee, gate, monster summoning lvl 9 (maybe), and others. There are considerably less for clerics.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:09 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

LOL, clerics level 9 spells are usefull... rarely, true, but still, they have their uses. But, the strongest spell must be used in a conjunction with another spell, and that is not good when you want to dish it out fast.
The level 9 spells are the highest, most powerfull spells in the game. Especially the wizard/sorcerer spells.
Level 7 spells... Get Powerword: Stun and Delayed Blast Fireball. Other handy stuff, since you're solo, are Malavon's Rage and Mordenkainen's Sword. I quite love the Prismatic Spray spell, has a wild streak in it. You'll only know 5 spells, so I'd take these 5.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Aegis is a l9 spell. Gate is 8 or 9.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:40 AM   #5
Bernardo
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:
Annoying manual, whose idea was it to put the spells in alphabetical order? Idiot.

There are more 9th level spells than that. Off the top of my head, (some of these may be cleric spells) theres meteor swarm, power word: kill, wail of the banshee, gate, monster summoning lvl 9 (maybe), and others. There are considerably less for clerics.
Yeah, they could have put them diveded by level... anyway, I think meteor swarm isn't 9th level... It may be 7th...

I just manadged to get 7th lvl spell "Malavon's Rage"... I'm not too satisfied with it...

Anyway, what happens after lvl 30??? You just stop leveling up or what???!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Next level after 30 is godhood. Don't worry, it's unatainable. And the only way to reach level 30 is to go HoF mode.
And Meteor Swarm is a level 9 spell, and Gate is too. Along with Black Blade of Disaster, Executioner Eyes, Mass Dominate and Summon Monster IX of the unmentioned untill now. Of all these, I find the BBoD trememdously weak.
Malavon's Rage is a tactical spell. Use only in certain conditions. If that's the only level 7 spell you've learnt so far, though luck. My 1st would either be P Spray, or DBFireball.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #7
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

MR isn't a good sorc spell. But you are soloing so a sorc may be more likely to be in a position to use it than in a group. But i currently have two sorc in my party and neither of them use it. In fact they have pretty much the same core of spells with a few differences, spells which are sometimes useful and are justifably picked as the other sorc can fill in the gaps left.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:56 AM   #8
Magness
Quintesson

My favorite 9th level spell is Mass Dominate. I'd think that for a solo sorc this would be a "must have" spell. Cast M.D. and all of the sudden you have a bunch of enemies fighting FOR you.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:08 AM   #9
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:

Not really.
I think the reason was that unlike IWD1 there are no longer separate cleric and mage spells. Now paladins, rangers, druids, clerics, bards and mages all got separate spells and moreover there are spells which are of different level for different classes. That's why it wouldve been more difficult, and perhaps more confusing, to put spells levelwise. Because some spells qualify for different levels. and having them repeated in different levels wouldve made it more confusing.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:16 AM   #10
Bernardo
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Next level after 30 is godhood. Don't worry, it's unatainable. And the only way to reach level 30 is to go HoF mode.
And Meteor Swarm is a level 9 spell, and Gate is too. Along with Black Blade of Disaster, Executioner Eyes, Mass Dominate and Summon Monster IX of the unmentioned untill now. Of all these, I find the BBoD trememdously weak.
Malavon's Rage is a tactical spell. Use only in certain conditions. If that's the only level 7 spell you've learnt so far, though luck. My 1st would either be P Spray, or DBFireball.
HoF you say....

well, actually I was thinking of bringing up, cause I just walk around and kill without taking damage...